New working breed

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember these have not had their tails docked they were born like this
how is the tails that short?

The short tail was the whole purpose of the breed. At the moment you can't be sure of length. The Labringer bitch we have here of my friends has just had a litter of 6 and they all have varying lengths but non full

The litter that we had recently looked nothing like those of yours..is their really a place for these dogs in the shooting field...

Regards

Kev

This is a percific breeding line. I doubt if you would have had a Labringer. I feel there is a place for these dogs because they have the breeding of the worker but the benefit of the docked tail.

whats the website mate

can you tell me whwre the bobtail gene came from please? its something im interested in in boxers and so im very interested as to where this gene has come from originally and the percentage of bobtails born per litter.

The breed is actually my friends baby, unfortunately she had a riding accident and is still unconcious after 12 wks but finally things looking on the up. Therefore I can't answer these pacific questions. But I have a bitch that she bred here and she has just had a litter of 6 and all have docked tails.

I cant get me head round this... the purpose of the breed to have short tails/Brittanys have a very short tail and proven dog in the field.If you breed Ess pups you get them docked,by a vet .The law of docking was brought in only a couple years back yet you use this to validate the breeding of these dogs for 20 years?

The Springadore and Sprocker have been round for years ,they aint became the norm,yet do make vaiable gundogs.

You say that you dont know how they will perform on the field? Why ask 200 quid ?There are springers litters available for 250 of proven working parents..

Do you think there is a market for these dogs .Spaniels either cockers or springers do there job more than well enough they are the jack of all trades there aint anything you can breed in 20 years which will match them,so really what is the point.?

With the greatest respect is this a wind up first dog looks like a Brittany second cocker and third looks like lab span cross .why would you want tomake a new breed as there allready proven breeds working in the field and do there job admiraly ..and just a footnote how old are those dogs?

Not being negative but why?

This is no wind-up. The fact that there is not consistancy is why I am trying to do this. I agree there are perfectly good working dogs doing there job. But now with the docking reg's these dogs will be beneficial. They are fantastic dogs

I cant see why you would want to breed from an unproven line unless it was for profit?? After 15 years of training/breeding gundogs profesionally I can not see how these pups will bring anything to the shooting field ..the claim you make about the docking is obserd..has the Lab bitch been hip//eye..elbow..dna,,tested etc......is it from trial breeding..what was it bred too?? the black and white springer??? and then genetically its complete hit and miss..

Hey just my opinion....but barge and pole

Steve..have a look at the web site mate...PF.....especially the picture of the new springer pups..something missing round the edges me thinks...Their are also some false claims going on here...blood starting to boil...

The Labringer puppies that where accidently bred here went for £150..because that is all they are worth...how much are these mongrels...

I'm sorry I don't understand? What's missing around the edge? What false claims. I certainly wouldn't knowingly make any false claims. I do believe you are mistaking Labringers for Springerdors?

Might I surgest a cold drink if your blood is boiling..... think calming thoughts... sea, beach,,,

With the greatest respect is this a wind up first dog looks like a Brittany second cocker and third looks like lab span cross .why would you want tomake a new breed as there allready proven breeds working in the field and do there job admiraly ..and just a footnote how old are those dogs?

This is no wind-up. The fact that there is not consistancy is why I am trying to do this. I agree there are perfectly good working dogs doing there job. But now with the docking reg's these dogs will be beneficial. They are fantastic dogs

Sorry but so are mongrels what is the mix in the dog?you will if you want consistancy continually breed back and as another member pointed out it is plagued with questions over genetics.

I cant see why you would want to breed from an unproven line unless it was for profit?? After 15 years of training/breeding gundogs profesionally I can not see how these pups will bring anything to the shooting field ..the claim you make about the docking is obserd..has the Lab bitch been hip//eye..elbow..dna,,tested etc......is it from trial breeding..what was it bred too?? the black and white springer??? and then genetically its complete hit and miss..

Hey just my opinion....but barge and pole

Obserb it might be true it is. I didn't say the bitch was lab ?????? I have only had dealings with the Labringers. As I said my friend has been breeding these for 20 yrs. They are Labringers not labradors or springers.

I breed springers my friends Labringer dog mated my bitch these are the only pups I personally have bred. I do have my friends dogs here at the moment due only to her riding accident

Sorry but so are mongrels what is the mix in the dog?you will if you want consistancy continually breed back and as another member pointed out it is plagued with questions over genetics.

I'm sorry what are you saying mongrels are good in the field?? or something else. As I have repeatedly said I am only now getting involved and will be keeping my own records on breeding lines and % of tails ect. I can only comment on things I know. I am not prepared to say anything I don't know the answer to. We do intend to use anything we keep on the field.