Borzoi lurchers

Does anyone own a lurcher with a high percentage of borzoi in them? What are they like to work and what do they look like?

I have a borzoi and she will chase anything, but has yet to catch as she is not primarily a working dog. Does anyone have any pictures of this cross? :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MOLLY

:icon_eek: How many dogs do you have?...what types etc? They seem to look like they all get on together in harmony, bloody good handling if they do :good:

P.S...ive thought the same about Borzio's

MOLL.

you must have some quarry to keep that lot mate!...bloody hell, must cost a fortune to feed!...

Nice that they get on though...no wonder the dog outside want to kill the rest...if i had to live in a kennel, and i had 12 mates in a nice warm house, i would wanna kill 'em as well!..lol.

Kye..

Guest Nightwalker
Does anyone own a lurcher with a high percentage of borzoi in them? What are they like to work and what do they look like?

I have a borzoi and she will chase anything, but has yet to catch as she is not primarily a working dog. Does anyone have any pictures of this cross? :)

I dont own a borzoi lurcher but I have seen a couple work, one (a 27" rough, blue bitch) was a superb allrounder and the best hare killer I have ever seen , the other was a 31" rough dog who was used on large and VERY LARGE game and was very good at this, I think it's a shame that more of them arent bred.

Guest MOLLY
To Moll, the lurcher of mine who snapped his ligament was in plaster for ages. I can't remember exactly what was done to fix it, but vets told me if he ran too much, there was a 70% chance that it would snap again. :(

We must have had different ligaments snapped? Mine wasnt in plaster just surgery to pin a bone.

MOLL.