terrier and hare

Guest terriersam

Guest terriersam

has anyones terrier ever caught a hare? most people will think this is bullsh*t but my eldest dog has caught two.both where caught in long grass and while sat but i would have thought the hare would have ran before the terrier got anywhere close? this happened to anyone else?

Guest Uk_Hunter
has anyones terrier ever caught a hare? most people will think this is bullsh*t but my eldest dog has caught two.both where caught in long grass and while sat but i would have thought the hare would have ran before the terrier got anywhere close? this happened to anyone else?

your terriers seem to have caught alot on top [bANNED TEXT] they seem to be catching all the things lurchers should be :icon_eek:

:whistle: :whistle:

My 1st terrier, a border, stopped by some brambles, stuck his head in and caught a leveret. Tried to get it off him alive, but it was too damaged to release. The dog was good for f**k all else and prompted me to start keeping blacks LOL

Guest terriersam
I often push them out of cover and once in a while get one

its been about 6mths since the last one, only fit for dog snap

ace mate sounds good.i thought everyone would have called me a liar but its the truth.obviously a terrier chasing a hare and catching it is about as likely as shittin on the moon but you seem to get quite close to squatting hares. people like you give good examples at least not like " uk hunter" who takes the piss out of every one.he probably owns a crippled poodle or something and thinks hes "THE BEST"

Guest rattingaddict

The only thing is , i find them in the same area.

The place i walk over is cow fields surrounded by small clumps of rough, dead grass and

blackthorn bushs.

Ive pushed hares to ground in the drainage pipes and the larger ones hold foxs

in summer or dry weather.

yes mate my very first terrier caught a faw hare ,my old lurcher would run them and me terrier would run the other way ,dont know how she knew but she did,this was 26 years ago

yes mate caught a few hares,not easy gettin em off the terriers,they pick em up off their seats!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest MOLLY

I was 5ft away from a grazing hare this morning (wind in my favour) when it saw me is sat down low for about 20seconds before running. If the terriers has been off the leads they probs could have grabbed him?

MOLL.

never seen a terrier peg a hare but one time we had some one come out with us with a spaniel to put hares up for us out of the cover, it pegged two :( and spent the rest of the day on the lead :D .