A Strange but great day

Had a great day out today, beautiful weather, great company (brandy, my border) ;) And to top it all off a nice little bag.

I went to my first permission and netted up what looked like a very likely bury, got out my most tried and trusted hob, and down the hole he goes.

A minute later he's back up, and he just didn't want to go back down, strange :hmm:

Oh well, on to the next one, same thing happened again, so tried a young Jill, she stayed down for a while but nothing happened, so i thought i'd send the hob down to help her out, but no way!! he was having none of it :wallbash:

I gave up and was going to go home, BUT on the way i had to pass another permission, what the hell, lets try here i thought.

First bury is a 10 holer, but is right next to a larger bury that is in a whole load of bushes, they don't seem to be connected though.

In goes the hob, 2mins later and there is one in the net :D, Back down goes the hob and another 2-3 Min's and it's Bunnie no2.

But as I'm dispatching no2 ferret wanders out to the larger bury in the bushes, :censored: I can see him but cant get through to him, Well down he goes so out with the locator, he heads my way underground and low and behold he pops up right near the edge of the bushes with a bunny in his mouth, :notworthy: the border grabs the bunny, but the ferret dives back down :censored::censored: still on the locator and is now almost under my feet when he stops moving, 2ft down, out with the spade and lo and behold, there he is with another one :clapper: So, 2 more bunnies and not a net in sight :victory:

Done a couple of other small bury's and got one from each. :D That made 6 for the day and still time for a nice cold pint :drink:

Eventful, but great day.

I just love it!!! :boogie:

post-13819-1228594147_thumb.jpg

A few bunnies and still time for a pint, sounds good to me.

Have you any ideas why the hob wouldnt go to ground?

No, that's the strange thing, he's usually a solid worker, but at the first place all he wanted to do was run about above ground, he was like a ferret posessed, was fine again at the second place though. :hmm: