whippets

Guest rio

Nice pics there lads, a mate I hunt with with used to have two beauty blue whippets that were Sooty Sam lines I think, they were quality rabbit dogs and caught the odd hare aswell... :yes: .Heres a pic of a dog I have at the moment, he's exactly a quater whippet which is where I think he gets his blue colouring from, he stands at 27 1/2 " though so he's big enough for other things(pre-ban)... :thumbs: ...

preban.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lovely pics mate really nice :thumbs:

Glad you like them thanks

Cracking pictures :clapper: , ive got a whippet coming up to 9 month now cant wait to get her on the rabbits! what lines are yours? any tips for me on starting her working? you seem to have done a good job with yours. :clapper:

I want a blue whippet they are class. great pictures and great to see whippets taking fox. any videos of whippet on fox?

no videos dam that ban countyboyo :whistling::whistling: will look for some preban stuff for you.i have a litter of pups here if you are looking now let me now

Unfortunately im in In Ireland and im farely broke at the moment. Thanks anyway man!

no prob mate. one coming over there to sort a few bunnys out

Nice pics there lads, a mate I hunt with with used to have two beauty blue whippets that were Sooty Sam lines I think, they were quality rabbit dogs and caught the odd hare aswell... :yes: .Heres a pic of a dog I have at the moment, he's exactly a quater whippet which is where I think he gets his blue colouring from, he stands at 27 1/2 " though so he's big enough for other things(pre-ban)... :thumbs: ...

preban.jpg

My Whippets are Sooty Sam bred also. I like that blue dog of yours, bet you had some fun with him before the ban ;) What other crosses are in his make-up?

Cracking pictures :clapper: , ive got a whippet coming up to 9 month now cant wait to get her on the rabbits! what lines are yours? any tips for me on starting her working? you seem to have done a good job with yours. :clapper:

My Whippets are Sooty Sam/Laguna/Drakesoak lines. If I can be of any help with your young one I'd be glad to. Anything in particular you need to know?

cracking pics mate and realy nice dogs

its very encouraging to see as many working whippets :clapper:

Cheers Luke. Whippets can sometimes be a bit underrated but they are cracking dogs. I also work Lurchers so I can see the differences between them but there's certainly no stopping these little dogs once they get behind their quarry.

Guest little lurcher
cracking pics mate and realy nice dogs

its very encouraging to see as many working whippets :clapper:

Cheers Luke. Whippets can sometimes be a bit underrated but they are cracking dogs. I also work Lurchers so I can see the differences between them but there's certainly no stopping these little dogs once they get behind their quarry.

here here , i too work both and the whippet is very underestimated imo , such game little dogs :clapper:

how much exercise should i be giving her now to get her fit for working? she is 9 month, what age did your dogs have thier 1st rabbit? mine is simular lines laguna/sooty sam/lord of the knight/rimrock. where bouts you from in south wales? im in swansea.

Some pictures of my dog

post-26760-1228261118_thumb.jpg

post-26760-1228261144_thumb.jpg

how much exercise should i be giving her now to get her fit for working? she is 9 month, what age did your dogs have thier 1st rabbit? mine is simular lines laguna/sooty sam/lord of the knight/rimrock. where bouts you from in south wales? im in swansea.

Some pictures of my dog

I'm from Aberdare, so not too far from you. Exercise-wise, all dogs are different and all people have different ideas but my preference is at that age at least a mile on the lead once a day and whenever you get 10 minutes spare to let them run free on the local fields, that's a bonus. Little and often at that age, no need to overdo them as they've got years of work in front of them. Mine started on the rabbits at around the 12 month mark seriously, but had chased quite a few around patches of cover before that. Hope this helps!

David

Did it make the whippets hard mouthed on rabbit and long ear when they had had a few charlie pre ban?

My one bitch did get a little bit hard-mouthed after running a few pre-ban foxes and hares doubled up. Also didn't do her retrieving any favours but the other one is absolutely fine, still retrieves live to hand every time.

Couple more pics of my Whippets, now I've figured out how to upload photos! Also a couple of pics of a litter of pups I have at the moment. They are nearly 5 weeks now and I still have a few available if any-one is interested. PM me for more details. They're out of Jake, my blue dog and Penny, my blue-fawn bitch.

f_DavidwithPem_d070ec6.jpg

f_Picture017em_c39a14e.jpg

f_Picture116em_327dacc.jpg

f_1000063m_8b6288e.jpg

f_1000060m_3e0f61d.jpg