bishop burton college

has any one on this site been to or go to bishop burton college as i have an interview in january to start next year and i want to know is there gamekeeper course any good cheers

on it 15 years since was shit then and is shit now.plus point its now a massive massive equestrian centre they just spent 25 million as its a traning ground for olympics so there are bloody hundereds of lasses i mean hundreds :):):)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

dont bother guys,i went there and ended up moving to newton rigg.

at bishop they treat u like a child and if you are going to do the gamekeepering course then all you do is sit in a classroom and learn that way.

what i would do is get onto newton rigg and at least there they have there own shoot and game block,you learn all the aspects of the trade and when you go for work placement they will help you to get one.the course at newton does what it says on the tin

you will allso do your DSC1 in the 2nd year.

its a great collage and the tutors are fantastic.

so there you have it guys bishop is crap and was just 50 miles from my house but now i have gone to newton some 130 miles away says it all

has any one on this site been to or go to bishop burton college as i have an interview in january to start next year and i want to know is there gamekeeper course any good cheers

dont go to bishop burton, i am studying at newton rigg now and we have already had one person move from bishop burton to newton rigg within 2 month of the course starting, from what i hear they seem to spend more money on horses and the whole college is horse based and no considertion or money is put in to the shooting courses. Get yourself an interview at newton rigg or sparseholt

i went to bishop burton 7 years ago and i think it's a brilliant college. tutors give you loads of support, good library, my tutors had all had hands on experience and got you out of the classroom as much as possible. shown how to snare/trap, rearing advice, crops, law etc. great all round course. i left and applied for two keeping jobs and was offered both. and unlike newton rigg, you leave bishops knowing how to spell. and there is a cracking pub in the village itself, the Altis.

I left in 1997 had a great time, the course was alright but not solely gamekeeping it was only a small module. I have heard Newton Rigg is more geared for game keeping. However Bishop has/had a good night life (Beverley and Hull) and loads of girls, so who cares about the course!