Frustrated Ratter

clouser

HELP!!! Rats are driving me MAD! iI have tried the chicken soup,the peanut butter they love,iput it out in the evening stay up half the night and in the morning its all gone and no rats,they are winning the psychological warfare game,im dreaming about the bloody things.When do they come out,do you have to stay up all night,whats the answer? Help please or its the loony bin for me.

hi mate wont come out till around 10 and 11 get a couple tins of beans put a few holes in and around the can dont take lid off let the juice drip out that will keep them occupied while you get a few shots in hope it helps cheers DM :)

I use catfood, a bit of zeroing on the tin, perfect!

how you veiwing them? with a lamp etc?

they come and go in droves depending on how many their are... wats the situe?

Dont know how many but the signs and the amount of digging they do to try and get into my greehouse there must be a few of them.I have a nice clear firing line from my back bedroom window to the end of my garden which is about 25 meters with ploughed fields behind so safe to shoot.HW77 4x12x40 with stinger lamp and red filter.

rat behavioural instinct is to eat where is feel safe so the trick is keeping them occupied and the lads have some great ideas tin of beans tin of sardines bottom of your garden few pellets into the tin to let the juices out will do just that ... if you just put something on a plate the chance are they'll dash out grab some and do a runner dont put back brake traps outside unless in a none target box himane live traps are good but then you have to get rid of the body the least contact the better there has been a increase of leptrospiroses (wiells disease) related deaths (not wanting to worry you lol) another behavioural trate is neophobia (new object reaction) if a rat see's something its not used to it may shy away from it for a few days or even avoid it altoghether ( but normally their eyes are bigger than the belly) when its food a bit like me lol

Just leave your chosen tin of bait out all day, they will come out in daylight, I do it under my bird table when they are about, just take your time with the shot, because if you miss one, it will be harder to whack it next time, he may ever warn his buddie's.

My trick was to set the bait then lamp the area with some red lights (I used bike lamps but whatever) then use a wireless motion detector (got one off ebay for £20 or so). Put the sensor near the bait and then the alarm next to your window. Hey presto, you can sit and watch telly then 'bing bong' it's off to shoot old ratty.

Rats do normally have a routine so will be similar times, but dusk/dawn most active, depends on size of infestation, age of rat, scarcity of food and all sorts. I have been out anytime from 10pm to 3am.

A tip with bait is to smear it onto a surface so the rat has to stretch for it (use Nutella or peanut butter for this). Gives you a better chance of hitting them.

sminky