HARDEST LURCHER TO TRAIN

Guest greengrass123

I don't know, but my Saluki Greyhound is great at training, but surprisingly my GSD Greyhound is the worst dog I've ever known for training but we don't work them, they can go where they can hunt if they want to, but were not fussed, the Saluki X doesn't know what to do and the GSD X is a natural one, he has caught and killed things, and at least weekly has caught something if let down the lake, if not more, although at one time he met a Fox, and none of them got too much damage to them as they were both young, and I think both were surprised to see each other :)

I don't know, but my Saluki Greyhound is great at training, but surprisingly my GSD Greyhound is the worst dog I've ever known for training but we don't work them, they can go where they can hunt if they want to, but were not fussed, the Saluki X doesn't know what to do and the GSD X is a natural one, he has caught and killed things, and at least weekly has caught something if let down the lake, if not more, although at one time he met a Fox, and none of them got too much damage to them as they were both young, and I think both were surprised to see each other :)

I once had an Irish terrier x Greyhound, she was a real pain in the ass, and my current hoond a Greyhound Collie squared was like an ALF plant to start off with, she's alright now though, even caught a grey squirrel once!

a mate had a saluki greyhound that was really hard work he gave up in the end and give it his mother as a pet she was a really nervous dog and so sturburn but his mum says shes a great dog in the house and makes a great gaurd dog! :( my dog was hard work until the penny droped and after 12 months he was flying he was a collie whippet grey but the dog before that which was a beddlington cross was just amazing to train picked up everything in double quick time but i promised my brother he could have the dog when he got a new place broke my heart giving that dog away but i still go out with him regular im trying get a worthy bitch line him too at the moment!

Any lurcher irrelevant of its breeding or dog for that matter can be a pain in the arse to train if its in the wrong hands or maybe the novice...the more you put in,the more you get out of em,with a fair dose of patience along the way :thumbs:

you have a point mate :good: he his hard work and i dont to be honest have a lot of patience with him he takes rabbits for fun but get overexcited when he sees other stuff the bull x just are just steady and the pup is 3 months younger but he is still young enough to turn around ive got more time over the next couple of months to work with him ...