who lives here .?

stumbled upon these, 14 of them infact, all in 1 location.

badger or fox....????? badgers are social, so this would explain the amount but also highly protected, these flap doors only open out.

fox are solitary and area smells of fox, but would you got to this extent to move them on..???

badger1.jpg

badger2.jpg

The NHS girls. ;D

Not seen any of these before, good idea!

You can only use them under licence from DEFRA (NE now I expect), and they are a pain in the neck. Once you jump through all the hoops to get the licence, you have to visit them every day for 3 weeks after the last 'exit', and then you can fill in the sett.

I've used them on English Heritage sites. I didn't bother quoting again, cause the badgers move back in unless you can totally destroy the sett, and it's disheartening to do all that work just to have the beggars move straight back in.

• 2 weeks later...
stumbled upon these, 14 of them infact, all in 1 location.

badger or fox....????? badgers are social, so this would explain the amount but also highly protected, these flap doors only open out.

fox are solitary and area smells of fox, but would you got to this extent to move them on..???

badger1.jpg

badger2.jpg

The NHS girls. ;D

what does 'area smells of fox mean'? what does the 'smell' smell lik? , i had pheasant killed last night, no signs of entry into the pen, whatever took them dragged them through 2" chainlink fencing - gutted

musky fox smell....... you either know it or not.

still no update from management on site, but all these gates are now removed. (end of the month.....lol)

i contacted a badger group for this region who told me it will be badgers.

Done a job last Year using simular constructed gates made them from plans given to me when I applied for the license,nightmare the badgers go out cannot get back in :wacko: when dealing with something that can dig through soil within minutes,keep out one day back in the next ,refit the gates pack stone wood alongside it,this goes on until the license expires,then when the set is being destroyed a defra official overlooks the job incase it is still occupied if so start all over again.

Ironic though what they will give the license for protect site of scentific intrest granted Set in the middle of a perfectly good silage or corn field :no:

• 2 weeks later...

just an update for the readers that replied.............

having emailed management on a few occasions, i've given up now... having had not a single reply.

typical eh... when they want something, its to be on their desk ASAP..............