Whats the best?

I'll take the generation after generation of dogs that do the exact job that I intend on doing. I do not want any this or that cross necessarily but would rather just have running dogs that have at least a few generations of every dog in the pedigree doing exactly what I want to be doing with them. With that being said, I have seen some neat crossbred type lurcher dogs that can do a hell of a job so you can get lucky either way sometimes. I just like dogs out of dogs for many generations that have been taking the game you are going to be running them on.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i will be breeding 3/4 hound 1/4 bull pups soon the father is a well tested dog and i look forward to it 3/4 are better in my eyes faster for lamping cant wait,,,,but he is a fine pup you have terrier man any recent pics of hitler???? realy like him

got a fox with buster two weeks ago got a good bit of punishment so going to rest him for a while as it was his first and single handed so dont wanna break him... as he is all i have till i get the litter and get them going

well lad the 3/4s have gears to burn but im not gone on the gamness of most of them on the other hand you can get the nutters who ar mad for it... fair fucks to buster hope he goes well...what happend to jack? i was offered a full hound coursing bitch big fawn bitch mad as a f**k have the wheaten bimbo to put over her but never kept on top of it. so il let it off for a bit..as them wheaten hounds ar pure animals just need to wait out and get all dogs sorted there all over the place at the moment..

Iv no recent pics of hitler but hes a game dog mad as a brush but just need to see how he goes with stuff that bites he can catch rabbits not a bother to him but c**t eats them on the way back.. only 8 mths so only gave him the one night out for a look well tuned in thank f**k...il get up a few snaps of him he weighs about 80 ll+ now just growing taller hopefully as hes a bit bully...

best a luck with the breeding..

i will be breeding 3/4 hound 1/4 bull pups soon the father is a well tested dog and i look forward to it 3/4 are better in my eyes faster for lamping cant wait,,,,but he is a fine pup you have terrier man any recent pics of hitler???? realy like him

got a fox with buster two weeks ago got a good bit of punishment so going to rest him for a while as it was his first and single handed so dont wanna break him... as he is all i have till i get the litter and get them going

well lad the 3/4s have gears to burn but im not gone on the gamness of most of them on the other hand you can get the nutters who ar mad for it... fair fucks to buster hope he goes well...what happend to jack? i was offered a full hound coursing bitch big fawn bitch mad as a f**k have the wheaten bimbo to put over her but never kept on top of it. so il let it off for a bit..as them wheaten hounds ar pure animals just need to wait out and get all dogs sorted there all over the place at the moment..

Iv no recent pics of hitler but hes a game dog mad as a brush but just need to see how he goes with stuff that bites he can catch rabbits not a bother to him but c**t eats them on the way back.. only 8 mths so only gave him the one night out for a look well tuned in thank f**k...il get up a few snaps of him he weighs about 80 ll+ now just growing taller hopefully as hes a bit bully...

80ilb jesus tm hes a monster hes bigger than his dad already

Well around that mark hes no light dog thats for sure... have no definate weight yet but hes not short of it... trouble is height hes about 25half that way but is stocky aswell but an even dog just hope he jumps up another bit in the next few months either way he wont be leaving the yard ... il get up a few pics...hows monkey shaping up..

i have the greyhound bitch and all just wait for her to brake down i dont the half cross cause they lack a bit of speed for lamping i have a buddy with pits i could get one of them but i would prefer the 3/4 and if these pup turn 1/4 what the fathers like be very happy

Well around that mark hes no light dog thats for sure... have no definite weight yet but hes not short of it... trouble is height hes about 25half that way but is stocky as well but an even dog just hope he jumps up another bit in the next few months either way he wont be leaving the yard ... il get up a few pics...hows monkey shaping up..

shes good mate got her retrieving a rabbit skin to hand, comes back straight away to a whistle,took her out with rio just watching on the lamp about a dozen times shes showing signs of wanting to chase shes quiet as a lamb on the slip ,so let her of the slip at the end of the night recall to the whistle wasn't as good as the day,as she was scenting ,but when i called her name she was straight back.

last tried her on 3 squatters she gave chase but missed all three so that's her until shes 9 months that will be next time i try her.

by the way they were 8 months on the 14 mate monkeys just under 21"tts and about 37lb

0706d8f6.jpg

2cc75924.jpg

37b0e729.jpg

Half and half for me. all mine are first cross and aslong as you breed them right they will be game enough for whatever you want them for. My bull x's are big but racey, like a greyhound with a big head! Its just down to personal opinion and i think you cant generalise in the ability of a dog based on its breed, its the breeding that matters - dam sire grand parents and so on. Also the way its treated/trained and fed makes a difference, you could have the best lines with the most potential and still mess the dog up if you dont know what your doing

Wouldnt you have a greater chance of producing a type you want by breeding together your best 1st cross dogs together (GENERATION BREEDING) They would still be half and half bull cross, but a generation down the line. Chances are more pups in the litter would make the grade?

Well 2 of my first cross bull greyhound are brother sister and one is unrelated, she has just come into season so the dog is going over her, we are keeping back a dog pup to put back to the sires sister if he makes the grade. I agree with you diggerman, the pups should be better than the parents in generation breeding and hopefully with the line breeding programme i have planned we can keep the line going because I know when they are gone i will never find a replacement for them, they are the best i've ever had in my kennels.

Well around that mark hes no light dog thats for sure... have no definite weight yet but hes not short of it... trouble is height hes about 25half that way but is stocky as well but an even dog just hope he jumps up another bit in the next few months either way he wont be leaving the yard ... il get up a few pics...hows monkey shaping up..

shes good mate got her retrieving a rabbit skin to hand, comes back straight away to a whistle,took her out with rio just watching on the lamp about a dozen times shes showing signs of wanting to chase shes quiet as a lamb on the slip ,so let her of the slip at the end of the night recall to the whistle wasn't as good as the day,as she was scenting ,but when i called her name she was straight back.

last tried her on 3 squatters she gave chase but missed all three so that's her until shes 9 months that will be next time i try her.

by the way they were 8 months on the 14 mate monkeys just under 21"tts and about 37lb

0706d8f6.jpg

2cc75924.jpg

37b0e729.jpg

Shes looking very well still havent had the time for a few snaps hes as big as rio if not a bigger sized head... hes a funny ol dog tho looks like a slow type but can move when theres somthing in frount of him... lol usually sheep

my half x is the half brother to your RIO he also 26tts and 62lb :clapper:

HBG?

Bull.. hes coming around to stock tho... got him a long way from him tearing off down the feild after them... jumps retrives not the best recall but still comes back... spot on with all other dogs once there not to hyper ... couldnt have come on any better... hows the rest turning out?

your dog is he the litter before rio, remus litter,thats strange there so similar in stature is that him in the photo,are you pleased with him samba

HES THE FIRST LITTER THEY BRED MINES 7NEXT THE DOG IS SPOT ON

EVEN WI SHEEP AND LIVESTOCK OF ANYKIND

I THINK THAT HOW YOU GOT RIO WASNT SPOT ON WI SHEEP

BUT I KNOW THE DOG YOU HAVE IS GREAT ON ALL QUARRY

ALL THE LITTERS THEY BRED TO THE BULL MARLEY WERE ALL SIMALAR TO LOOK AT

ALSO THEY HAVE BRED PUPS THAT HAVE DONE WELL :clapper:

your dog is he the litter before rio, remus litter,thats strange there so similar in stature is that him in the photo,are you pleased with him samba

HES THE FIRST LITTER THEY BRED MINES 7NEXT THE DOG IS SPOT ON

EVEN WI SHEEP AND LIVESTOCK OF ANYKIND

I THINK THAT HOW YOU GOT RIO WASNT SPOT ON WI SHEEP

BUT I KNOW THE DOG YOU HAVE IS GREAT ON ALL QUARRY

ALL THE LITTERS THEY BRED TO THE BULL MARLEY WERE ALL SIMALAR TO LOOK AT

ALSO THEY HAVE BRED PUPS THAT HAVE DONE WELL :clapper:

yes i spoke to hbg about rio he said i would have never got him if it wasnt for his fondness of lamb ,it is a shame ive even spent £350 on the strongest electric coller poss he just shrugs it off now worked for about a week ,i know his stock problem hes so clever he will never bother stock whilst he can see the light of the lamp hes run through sheep but if he knows you cant see him (he cant see the lamp)he will grab sheep :censored: .

im aware of this problem and the fact i cant cure him of it but ,in all honesty the dog is a great dog in every other aspect his catching ability and heart is second to none.i love the old b*****d he was 5or 6 in sept but he looks older.cheers simba ill drop you a pm with some pics and some of his off spring :thumbs:

HBG?

Bull.. hes coming around to stock tho... got him a long way from him tearing off down the feild after them... jumps retrives not the best recall but still comes back... spot on with all other dogs once there not to hyper ... couldnt have come on any better... hows the rest turning out?

ill fill you in on the litter via pm previous litters are doing well (before i had him)but the 3/4 litter havnt turned out to good mainly through people having them not working them etc but theres one im keeping my eye on i think might come good