some coyote hunting pics

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i bet them dogs on that game , make the average game here seem like buttons , bet they wud just destroy fox here ,

cracking pics .

To be totally honest with you, not all of them would just destroy a fox but yes very many of them would turn one inside out in a couple of shakes. These are big, strong, powerful dogs that can flat ass fly. Some probably have a little dash of everything in them somewhere, yes even bull blood but really they have just been bred and test for the last 200 years on coyote. I would say the majority of the blood in these dogs is just greyhound with a splash of deerhound here and there throughout the years.

Dan-Thanks for posting the pics for me... :clapper:

A little about the pics. #1 Is the Baja rig. #2 Peep, Mach (hotbloodxstags) and Zorro (stag). Mach is a yearling just getting started. #4 Emma (stag) and Grace (bullxstag) #6 Emma, Grace, and Cookie (stagxwhippet) in the box. Rufus (stag) Lua (hotblood) Sage (hotbloodxstag) on the ground. The coyote in the middle was pushing 50 lbs. #7 Speedy and Deets. Speedy (stag) and Deets (Jagd) Speedy is only a 50-55lb gyp and is as fast a dog as I have ever seen. Deets even spent 28 hours, 389 feet in a pvc pipe with a coyote that weekend as well... :blink: #8 Bo (hotbloodxstag) on the ground, Mach and Grey (stag) in the box.

Take care.

Edited by UphillDoc

Thanks fellas, hope you enjoy seeing the pics almost as much as we had making them.

dan-I wouldnt feed a dog that couldnt/wouldnt smash a fox single handed.

ferret-Only one of the dogs in those pics carries any bull blood. The good stags are plenty tough, they dont need any bull blood, and thats saying something cause Im a bulldog man thru and thru!

artic-The space under the big box is where the terrier rides. The doors on the big box are opened from inside the vehicle, when the dogs spot a coyote in the open ground. The dogs then try to run it down and we follow in the vehicle if we can. I also do some calling with a couple dogs on occassion in the country too rough or thick to use the vehicles.

Take care.