no success with spinning

You find river pike harder than still water!!! Jesus, i have never ever heard as much bollocks spoken in all my life! sorry folk but come on....

You can almost well 99% fish every bit of a river, all the snags, every feature, every bank!!! you can present your bait in all most perfectly...

Still waters are vast areas of underwater features, some way to far off to get at, unless on a boat, and then your pissing in the wind alot of the time!

I'll tell you what pal, you go fish conniston, windermere, thelmere, bassenthwaite, derwent water just a few of the ultra hard lakedistrict waters!!

Move on up to scotland where people say the pike are plentyful, you go sit it out on lomond in winter blizards, loch awe, where i have trolled and not seen a fish on the finder for over 2 miles!!!!!! yeah 2 miles, and there were people bivvyed up on the bank!

For feck sake, find a good looking peg for silver fish on a river and you usually find a hot spot for pike. Sorry valleylad, but you are talking absolute nonsense.....

One of my favourite days out, is on my boat on the yorkshire ouze. start the elecy engine, cast 2 lures out behind the boat and set off, catchy upto 30 pike aday, sometimes n othing big but sometimes, some real clonkers, now if thats hard fishing, god knows.....its very enjoyable, but very easy, and brings a welcome break from those big hard still waters!!

The top pic is the ouze,

the bottom pic, is lomond.. look behind me... then you decide which would be the hardest to fish!

RIVER PIKE 30LB PLUS ARE MOST DEFENETLY HARDER TO CATCH THAN STILLWATER 30LB PIKE [you have to admit that .

They most definatly are yes. The statement was, river pike are harder than still water.

The reason they are is simple, there arent as many river 30's as still water...

But i'll tell you what, you go try and catch a 30 from lomond, then one from a river, i'll bet i know which you'd catch first!!

So it all depends on where you are fishing, does it not......I have had 3 30lbplus pike from a river. And only 2 from a stillwater. lol, so really i shouldnt agree with you, but i will.....

I just cant be doing with people talking about things, they know very little about "MY LAW" ....I would never ever argue with anybody about fishing, as everyone as there ways, and luck. Some dont do it like others, and some are just shit at it....as the mentality shows perfectly here, with clapping hands... ;)

Where are you fishing my law...? Do you do much or abit of everything. Was your 30 a lure caught or bait caught? cheers pal, Russ

wont get into a argument with you but you must know DAVE HORTON and the gang ,well i used to fish with them for a few good years ,i have taken dave and probibly put him on more 20pluse pike than any one else. that inclueds lots of 2x20 in the same day plus 2xover 27lb in one day no i have not got a 30lb but come close a few times on rivers ,yes some big still waters are hard to catch on then you got places like mentith ,fish in a barrel ,you know what came out of there the first time , same goes for llandegford res when it opend up and the bristol res , but it is like all waters they soon get ruined ,my opinion on why river pike seem easier to catch is simply this ,in a flowing river the pike dont get time to think do i want that bait or dont i ,they have to take it or the next minuite it could be 10 yards futher down streem ,i fished all over the country for 11 years ,was fortunate to finish runner up in the angling times pike comp when it was filmd for sky sports , i was also a pike fishing guid on one of the best salmon rivers in the country ,and managed to get a lot of it opend up to course fishing . so has you see i have done a little bit .ATB

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

come on rfyl and valley lets stop bitching, i tell you what ill buy the pints :good:

id gladly buy the pints mate this all started because [bANNED TEXT] didnt agree with a post of mine be ing fair this has never got baggresive or abusive just 2 guys 1 posh 1 not 1 into the old normal fishing fieldcraft wats the other into thousands of puonds werth of gear and stuff just two guys from total different backgrounds everything ive learned ive learned myself but you right ive asked this to be put to bed aswell ;)

Lol, see valleylad, your still wrong and dont understand what i am saying. There isnt much fun dragging lures down the river,.That is what iam saying, "thats how easy river pike are".. And the thousands of ponuds of tackle,. You really dont understand. So you would spend say 300quid on a planned trip to loch lomond. Sit there for 4 days and catch nothing. or would you rather have an engine and finder!! lol, i know what most people would choose. There are 5 miles at a time of dead water, why cant you understand, lol???

Now the posh bit made me piss mysides! I have 11 tattoos, have spent 2yrs of my younger life living in her majestys plaesure!! lol. I have 3 accounts of poaching on my record~!! All from fishing for pike, in say, dodgy places, ie; salmon rivers, very private estate lakes. This type of fishing is one rod job, not 1000's of quid worth of tackle. My mates are pissing there sides at reading this and seeing me being called a snob.... I go out on a friday night on the piss and come home on sunday, then get f....... bollocked off the missus!!! Plus, i have never met a snobby scaffolder, lol...

The 1000's of quid worth of tackle as you put, help me to help other people catch pike when guide them, without this tackle i wouldnt be able to do it!!

I dont want to go and fish a little pond, thks for the offer. You come to me, and i'll take you somewhere nice, and it may broaden your horizon.....lol...

Hope i have cleared a few things up, and i wasnt causing trouble, i was merely pointing out that the lad could have been given some sound advice, rather than miss guided , thats all valley.....

You find river pike harder than still water!!! Jesus, i have never ever heard as much bollocks spoken in all my life! sorry folk but come on....

You can almost well 99% fish every bit of a river, all the snags, every feature, every bank!!! you can present your bait in all most perfectly...

Still waters are vast areas of underwater features, some way to far off to get at, unless on a boat, and then your pissing in the wind alot of the time!

I'll tell you what pal, you go fish conniston, windermere, thelmere, bassenthwaite, derwent water just a few of the ultra hard lakedistrict waters!!

Move on up to scotland where people say the pike are plentyful, you go sit it out on lomond in winter blizards, loch awe, where i have trolled and not seen a fish on the finder for over 2 miles!!!!!! yeah 2 miles, and there were people bivvyed up on the bank!

For feck sake, find a good looking peg for silver fish on a river and you usually find a hot spot for pike. Sorry valleylad, but you are talking absolute nonsense.....

One of my favourite days out, is on my boat on the yorkshire ouze. start the elecy engine, cast 2 lures out behind the boat and set off, catchy upto 30 pike aday, sometimes n othing big but sometimes, some real clonkers, now if thats hard fishing, god knows.....its very enjoyable, but very easy, and brings a welcome break from those big hard still waters!!

The top pic is the ouze,

the bottom pic, is lomond.. look behind me... then you decide which would be the hardest to fish!

RIVER PIKE 30LB PLUS ARE MOST DEFENETLY HARDER TO CATCH THAN STILLWATER 30LB PIKE [you have to admit that .

They most definatly are yes. The statement was, river pike are harder than still water.

But i'll tell you what, you go try and catch a 30 from lomond, then one from a river, i'll bet i know which you'd catch first!!

So it all depends on where you are fishing, does it not......I have had 3 30lbplus pike from a river. And only 2 from a stillwater. lol, so really i shouldnt agree with you, but i will.....

I just cant be doing with people talking about things, they know very little about "MY LAW" ....I would never ever argue with anybody about fishing, as everyone as there ways, and luck. Some dont do it like others, and some are just shit at it....as the mentality shows perfectly here, with clapping hands... ;)

Where are you fishing my law...? Do you do much or abit of everything. Was your 30 a lure caught or bait caught? cheers pal, Russ

wont get into a argument with you but you must know DAVE HORTON and the gang ,well i used to fish with them for a few good years ,i have taken dave and probibly put him on more 20pluse pike than any one else. that inclueds lots of 2x20 in the same day plus 2xover 27lb in one day no i have not got a 30lb but come close a few times on rivers ,yes some big still waters are hard to catch on then you got places like mentith ,fish in a barrel ,you know what came out of there the first time , same goes for llandegford res when it opend up and the bristol res , but it is like all waters they soon get ruined ,my opinion on why river pike seem easier to catch is simply this ,in a flowing river the pike dont get time to think do i want that bait or dont i ,they have to take it or the next minuite it could be 10 yards futher down streem ,i fished all over the country for 11 years ,was fortunate to finish runner up in the angling times pike comp when it was filmd for sky sports , i was also a pike fishing guid on one of the best salmon rivers in the country ,and managed to get a lot of it opend up to course fishing . so has you see i have done a little bit .ATB

I am glad you wont get into an argument, lol, as i was being nice, and asked you a reasonable question, and was interested in your angling exploits.

Yeah, i know Dave Horton, i speak to him on another forum, plus i have read his books, he's a very good angler. Names mean nothing to me, and a lot of the big names are just average anglers, and have been lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time. I fished with Malcolm Bannister for a time(he's wrote book in partnership with barry rickards) and couldnt quite beleive were he had got himself in the angling world! Its amazing what a cpl of big thirtys can do. I also knows, burton, fickling, kelbrick(altho we dont see eye to eye)etc. Altho i would never put them on big fish like you did for Horton,lol. the work what is put into finding them firstly is to much effort, lol.

You mention Lake of mentith,(fished it before it opened up) and other trout waters, dont know what you actually meant by them but i had no interest in them, as i dont care much for trout fed pike, and the money they charge is ridiculous. I also fished ladybower before it was open, while Fickling and williams were fishing it.

Well done on the angling times matches, wouldnt fish in them myself. I prefare the quietness and tranquil side of angling, not matches and stuff. And i would hate to sit on one of those drains with all those other folk, lol. They are hard enough when your alone and have the place to your self. .

You say you have fished all over the country, have you done much in the north or the lakes? What is the best salmon river in the country? Only asking because i have fished most of the salmon rivers in the country for pike.... Glad to chat with ya.... Cheers Russ,

I'll tell you what pal, you go fish conniston, windermere, thelmere, bassenthwaite, derwent water just a few

The top pic is the ouze,

I am glad you wont get into an argument, lol, as i was being nice, and asked you a reasonable question, and was interested in your angling exploits.

Yeah, i know Dave Horton, i speak to him on another forum, plus i have read his books, he's a very good angler. Names mean nothing to me, and a lot of the big names are just average anglers, and have been lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time. I fished with Malcolm Bannister for a time(he's wrote book in partnership with barry rickards) and couldnt quite beleive were he had got himself in the angling world! Its amazing what a cpl of big thirtys can do. I also knows, burton, fickling, kelbrick(altho we dont see eye to eye)etc. Altho i would never put them on big fish like you did for Horton,lol. the work what is put into finding them firstly is to much effort, lol.

You mention Lake of mentith,(fished it before it opened up) and other trout waters, dont know what you actually meant by them but i had no interest in them, as i dont care much for trout fed pike, and the money they charge is ridiculous. I also fished ladybower before it was open, while Fickling and williams were fishing it.

Well done on the angling times matches, wouldnt fish in them myself. I prefare the quietness and tranquil side of angling, not matches and stuff. And i would hate to sit on one of those drains with all those other folk, lol. They are hard enough when your alone and have the place to your self. .

You say you have fished all over the country, have you done much in the north or the lakes? What is the best salmon river in the country? Only asking because i have fished most of the salmon rivers in the country for pike.... Glad to chat with ya.... Cheers Russ,

i give in i cant compeat with a pro like your self ,fishing or dogs . Edited by MY LAW

alright there ,ive fished for pike for some years now , on the spinning side of things the only tip i can give is look for a small plug called the blue sardine .this has had me plenty of fish in coloured water and clear water and has saved the day many times , on the other side of things like runforyourlife said its a different ball game fishing big lakes ,i mostly fish windermere from the bank which is no easy task , took us some years to suss it out but once you find were the fish are you can have some good fishing , and it dosnt get better than hitting a windermere pike in summer ,ive all so taken a 14lb 7 oz brownie (ferox) on half a mackrell about 2 o clock in the morning which was a very good fish ,we normally fish the wray castle side down near the car park ,we also fish basserntwaite ,rydal ,grasmere but windermere is so underestimated by a lot of anglers ,but once youve seen what it holds you fall in love with the place ,getting back to youre post i think that with spinning you got to find what the fish in the place your fishing want, i fish a ressy now and again and all they will take is a bright pink plug ,they got beserk for it ,even the misses has had a lot on it ,but use it anywere else and you ,ll catch nothing ,belive me ive tried . just keep trying different things till you find what they want and you should get some good days fishing in ........good luck

The top pic is the ouze,

8)8) In of deed do remember thee pill of grim..........!!!!! :whistling::whistling:

8)8) Twould love to spy thee didgis of thee 5 x 30s .........!!!! :angel::whistling:

In deed thee down_east holders are a dandy ........!!!!! :whistling::whistling:

Valley lad tif thee need tips for thee wise .....!!!! pm me Vassey town loves thee loons and toons 8)8)

Guest miller1989

the only thing i fish is the spinner ive no problem get to know your water better where the snags are theres fish alsoo the gravel botton lies where the fish are if ya go fishing for salmon the black fly condom is a killer gold silver or bronze blade dnt matter murders them!

My law, what are you on about?? Iwas talkikng as a friend to you? You told me your things you have done in life, and i was interested to know?? I didnt mention that i had ben in semi's and opened salmon rivers up. So which river was it? or should i just ask dave, as he must know, as you know him that well? Why cant you have a normal convo?? You name dropped, i said i didnt care much for them...... I could tell you many thin gs that i to achieved in angling and which books i feature in, but i was listening to what you had to say?? whats wrong with that,lol. jeeeeezzzz, chill man.

My law, what are you on about?? Iwas talkikng as a friend to you? You told me your things you have done in life, and i was interested to know?? I didnt mention that i had ben in semi's and opened salmon rivers up. So which river was it? or should i just ask dave, as he must know, as you know him that well? Why cant you have a normal convo?? You name dropped, i said i didnt care much for them...... I could tell you many thin gs that i to achieved in angling and which books i feature in, but i was listening to what you had to say?? whats wrong with that,lol. jeeeeezzzz, chill man.
i dont mind geting slaged of for things i know f all about ,that is why i dont comment on things i know f all about ,ok i done a bit of fishing ,i did not name drop as sutch i was just seeing if you was up on your fishing [which you everdently are ]but when it comes to working running dogs then that is a dif mater ,i live this life and have done for a long time i dont play at it it is my lively hood [i do not work and have not done for over 25 years through choise ]you know how you felt when vally lad got up your nose because pike fishing is some thing you excell at ,[well dito]when it comes to running dogs ,]you cant even imagin what i know and what i have done in my life ,have a word with dave and tell him you was in touch with les from wales ,and ask him to fill you in on the way i live my life you might find it interesting ,the problem with computer sits is you cant show or prove what you have learnd by trial and error.please get back to me after geting in touch with dave i am interested to see if he realy got to know the type of person i was ,he was going through a bad time when i first met him [wife problem ]but a year or 2 on we had some fun even geting caught by a bent water baliff ,ask him how chuffed they were to finaly get their hand on me ,im starting to blow my own trumpet so i will leave it their ATBles.
No worries Valleylad, iam glad you have finally understood what i was talking about, and you are more than welcome to share a days angling with me. If you had got what i emaqnt in the first place, i wouldnt have had to write all these long bloody essays, lol...Cheers Russ;

cheers bud :D .which river would we go on and how far from cheshire are you russ,

Well my sister lives in congleton, it takes about an hour from my home to hers..... And the river would most probarbly be the ouze...

i dont mind geting slaged of for things i know f all about ,that is why i dont comment on things i know f all about ,ok i done a bit of fishing ,i did not name drop as sutch i was just seeing if you was up on your fishing [which you everdently are ]but when it comes to working running dogs then that is a dif mater ,i live this life and have done for a long time i dont play at it it is my lively hood [i do not work and have not done for over 25 years through choise ]you know how you felt when vally lad got up your nose because pike fishing is some thing you excell at ,[well dito]when it comes to running dogs ,]you cant even imagin what i know and what i have done in my life ,have a word with dave and tell him you was in touch with les from wales ,and ask him to fill you in on the way i live my life you might find it interesting ,the problem with computer sits is you cant show or prove what you have learnd by trial and error.please get back to me after geting in touch with dave i am interested to see if he realy got to know the type of person i was ,he was going through a bad time when i first met him [wife problem ]but a year or 2 on we had some fun even geting caught by a bent water baliff ,ask him how chuffed they were to finaly get their hand on me ,im starting to blow my own trumpet so i will leave it their ATBles.

No worries, i'll mention next time we talk. I dont knowwhy you got involved in the first place, lol, and then took offence to me asking you a few questions... I guess you like your dogs, but dont make it out as if your the only one.. I work my dogs most days, as i only work mornings, so the rest of the day is mine.......as you can see from the pic, speak soon les.

post-17284-1227119498_thumb.jpg