no success with spinning

You find river pike harder than still water!!! Jesus, i have never ever heard as much bollocks spoken in all my life! sorry folk but come on....

You can almost well 99% fish every bit of a river, all the snags, every feature, every bank!!! you can present your bait in all most perfectly...

Still waters are vast areas of underwater features, some way to far off to get at, unless on a boat, and then your pissing in the wind alot of the time!

I'll tell you what pal, you go fish conniston, windermere, thelmere, bassenthwaite, derwent water just a few of the ultra hard lakedistrict waters!!

Move on up to scotland where people say the pike are plentyful, you go sit it out on lomond in winter blizards, loch awe, where i have trolled and not seen a fish on the finder for over 2 miles!!!!!! yeah 2 miles, and there were people bivvyed up on the bank!

For feck sake, find a good looking peg for silver fish on a river and you usually find a hot spot for pike. Sorry valleylad, but you are talking absolute nonsense.....

One of my favourite days out, is on my boat on the yorkshire ouze. start the elecy engine, cast 2 lures out behind the boat and set off, catchy upto 30 pike aday, sometimes n othing big but sometimes, some real clonkers, now if thats hard fishing, god knows.....its very enjoyable, but very easy, and brings a welcome break from those big hard still waters!!

The top pic is the ouze,

the bottom pic, is lomond.. look behind me... then you decide which would be the hardest to fish!

RIVER PIKE 30LB PLUS ARE MOST DEFENETLY HARDER TO CATCH THAN STILLWATER 30LB PIKE [you have to admit that .

They most definatly are yes. The statement was, river pike are harder than still water.

The reason they are is simple, there arent as many river 30's as still water...

But i'll tell you what, you go try and catch a 30 from lomond, then one from a river, i'll bet i know which you'd catch first!!

So it all depends on where you are fishing, does it not......I have had 3 30lbplus pike from a river. And only 2 from a stillwater. lol, so really i shouldnt agree with you, but i will.....

I just cant be doing with people talking about things, they know very little about "MY LAW" ....I would never ever argue with anybody about fishing, as everyone as there ways, and luck. Some dont do it like others, and some are just shit at it....as the mentality shows perfectly here, with clapping hands... ;)

Where are you fishing my law...? Do you do much or abit of everything. Was your 30 a lure caught or bait caught? cheers pal, Russ

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, so why if you are a beginner, are you giving another beginner advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, very strange......

Yet again you contridict yourself, it is what i said right at the begining.....The guy asked for advice, and you are noe freely admitting you arent in any state to give it

I'll tell you what ho young man, dont speak words like that to me!!! I am free most weekends these days, so if you are inviting me down to see you, i will come, gladly!!

You came back clapping hands, when you know little of your joy.... your a trouble causer, and i dont like them...

You seem to have a problem with modern tecknoledgy, and seem to be getting anoyed that there are fish finders and outboard engines, very strange...

Hello,

I like using the Ondex spinners sizes 5-6 and they have never failed me ;)

Hi Mate, would notice any difference between ondex to mepps I mean their very similer in design

b9f2_1.jpg

TO

12137.jpg

Hi Mate,

Sorry for double posting. I have used the Mepps before and had no luck, only to be snagged up :blink:

With the smaller Ondex I have caught Perch and Jacks. Sizes 5 + I have landed 19 + ibs ;)