Not used one for ages but got the right deal on a new one on Tuesday...been out zeroing it and hunting the last couple of nights......just don't understand why everyone is dumping them and going HMR...I have .22LR, HMR and WMR, I have a use for them all, but there is more than a little satisfaction with the grunt of the .22WMR in comparison with the HMR.

A 40gHP does deliver a real thump in comparison with that little 17g HMR.....don't get me wrong...I am not knocking the HMR...

BUT.... don't write off the WMR (it's doing well in the US) ...think about that next rimfire a little carefully!!! :thumbs:

Not used one for ages but got the right deal on a new one on Tuesday...been out zeroing it and hunting the last couple of nights......just don't understand why everyone is dumping them and going HMR...I have .22LR, HMR and WMR, I have a use for them all, but there is more than a little satisfaction with the grunt of the .22WMR in comparison with the HMR.

A 40gHP does deliver a real thump in comparison with that little 17g HMR.....don't get me wrong...I am not knocking the HMR...

BUT.... don't write off the WMR (it's doing well in the US) ...think about that next rimfire a little carefully!!! :thumbs:

i would love to own a gun shop down the road from you :D

Hi Deker i picked up my .22WMR barrel today going to zero in tomorrow did you shoot yours in?

i think i will have to as the only ammo they had was Federal Premium 30 grn copper coated by the look of it

arcpest

Hi Deker i picked up my .22WMR barrel today going to zero in tomorrow did you shoot yours in?

i think i will have to as the only ammo they had was Federal Premium 30 grn copper coated by the look of it

arcpest

Bad terminology I'm afraid...new to me, it is a used CZ American (proofed in 2003, the first used gun I have ever bought) spent the first night cleaning barrel action and woodwork, after that it looked like a real bargain, been so busy I have had to zero it on the lamp...shot about 50 rounds of 40g CCI so far and ..IT WORKS!!!! :thumbs:

The 30g is a bit faster, but doesn't carry the energy anywhere near as well as the 40g!

I would ALWAYS suggest you shoot in a new barrel.. :thumbs:

I'm sure you will enjoy it, and the ammo still tends to be a "bit" cheaper than HMR!!!

The 30g is a bit faster, but doesn't carry the energy anywhere near as well as the 40g!

I'm sure you will enjoy it, and the ammo still tends to be a "bit" cheaper than HMR!!!

I will try and get some 40grn tomorrow and some balistic tips if i can just to see which are better

iv been waiting weeks for it to come in and cant wait to get it out in the field

i payed £17 100 for the federal

arcpest

I will try and get some 40grn tomorrow and some balistic tips if i can just to see which are better

iv been waiting weeks for it to come in and cant wait to get it out in the field

i payed £17 100 for the federal

arcpest

Unfortunately ammo is a bit of a problem ...the dealer I bought the gun from didn't have any and my normal ammo supplier didn't have any...years since I fired a WMR so I need to try and find some different makes to try myself.... if I can!!

Take a look ....http://www.cci-ammunition.com/ballistics/rimfire.aspx..hit the "Detail" to give you some ballistic info!! :thumbs:

Unfortunately ammo is a bit of a problem ...the dealer I bought the gun from didn't have any and my normal ammo supplier didn't have any...years since I fired a WMR so I need to try and find some different makes to try myself.... if I can!!

Take a look ....http://www.cci-ammunition.com/ballistics/rimfire.aspx..hit the "Detail" to give you some ballistic info!! :thumbs:

Hornady do a 30grn balistic tip, remington do a 33grn balistic tip, so do cci if you find any i would be interested in where

arcpest

no realy just a bit of fun :D i tried to justify overlapping calibres for years, this comes from a guy that had 16 centrefires,

until finally i just acceped the fact that i liked rifles!

i'll give you an example i stalked hinds early one morning, got 10 with my 243, close enough to the house to get home tidyup

and have something to eat, went out after lunch, for a wander wih the 222 nothing planned, but spied a close bunch of beasts,

got in nice and killed 14! still needed all my other rifles though! :D

no realy just a bit of fun :D i tried to justify overlapping calibres for years, this comes from a guy that had 16 centrefires,

until finally i just acceped the fact that i liked rifles!

i'll give you an example i stalked hinds early one morning, got 10 with my 243, close enough to the house to get home tidyup

and have something to eat, went out after lunch, for a wander wih the 222 nothing planned, but spied a close bunch of beasts,

got in nice and killed 14! still needed all my other rifles though! :D

It's what I do...as it happens I am also happy in my work, to the extent I do it for sport as well!!

I am not a gun collector I have a use for everything I buy and if I find I'm not using it I sell it......

currently in the Cabinet..

2 x 12ft lb air rifles

7 FAC Tools

4 Shotguns

(actually in 3 Cabinets)

I'd have to spend some time thinking about everything I've had over the years...YES...I like guns..but I look at them as quality tools..end of :thumbs:

I've never been in a position to shoot 24 deer in a day..so if you need a hand give me a shout :thumbs:

Hornady do a 30grn balistic tip, remington do a 33grn balistic tip, so do cci if you find any i would be interested in where

arcpest

The CCI Ballistic tables make the round look very impressive, much better than their other 30g, so if anyone can tell me where to find some I'd like to try it as well...

Cheers

Edited by Deker