LAMPING COMP LAST NIGHT

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good account of the night TOMO.........and made better by the fact it was a close run thing.

If it cracks on like this it will be the entertaining event that it was allways meant to be.

Excellent.

Just got in from work I've only had 2 hours kip :blink: so i'll probably write a load of shite :D

Last night I thouroughly enjoyed myself, Tomo was a great host talking us through each field telling us where the rabbits usually sit and what direction they usually run in which is a great help when lamping unfamiliar ground and he's a cracking lad for giving up a night and travelling all the way up to yorkshire to referee the heat. ;) Langley is another good lad who I feel had a bit of bad luck on a few occasions with rabbits running through the sheep fences etc where as the ones I ran, would run along the fence instead. I think his dog will do well next year when his luck may be running a bit better as it ran very well, just make sure you bin that lamp mate. ;)

The number of rabbits we had between us in those conditions is exraordinary you could hear a pin drop at times. The banks there are some of the steeepest I've seen :blink: I nearly collapsed when I got to the top of one of them, Tomos alot fitter than he looks!!! doing that 2/3 times a week, dont think he was even out of breath??

Thanks again lads for a great night and I cant wait for the next heat.

Scouser3038

THE CHEQUE IS IN THE POST :clapper: nice comment about my fittnes, thing was i wasn't carrying a lamp and batterie or any rabbits, the only thing i was carrying was my coat wich i felt like throwing , but those banks sure do open your lungs. cheers TOMO