Just bought my first fox call

As above, it turned up this morning in the post so I've been practicing with it for Friday, but don't seem to be able to get a really high pitch from it like you can with your hand. To be honest it sounds more like a fawn screaming than rabbit in distress!

It says to bite down on it to make it higher pitch (which it does) but even biting it completely flat (which then means your red in the face trying to blow it!) it still doesn't sound quite lifelike?

Has anyone else got one of these and does this lower pitch squeak still work effectively?

Thank you for your thoughts.

Luke.

is it the black one ? i have it the key is not to really blow in it just use your lungs to get a good pitch.

i go different between to pitchs high then the low deep pitch. then once a fox runs in keep it high but not so loud.

i sometimes use that for range then go to the wam to draw them in close.

Thank you for your comments guys, seems some mixed reviews then! some like it but quite a few don't!

I'll try and get a sound recording of it if possible.

T3 £165 for the callmaster is just too expensive for me.

We get quite a few foxes come in as theirs a landfill site over a man made ridge down the edge of 3 of the fields but it's mainly the young'uns, with the older dog foxes stood out on the ridge just looking down into the fields not moving! so wanted to try something different to get them in!

Cheers again

Luke