Well i thought is share how i got in to wanting to be a Gamekeeper.

It all started with my uncle and grandad they used to take me out with the lurchers and terriers when i was little i loved it then i got in to trouble at school i hated the blody plase so they let me choose a plase to go to 2 days a week instead of school when i was 15 till i left schoolnearl and i was landed with a lovly old boy called Derek Daw he showed me a lot and then i realised how hard it was going to be but i stuck with it after 20 weeks i had to stop going because they were looking at retireing derek OH NO he was 65 he was on that estate as a keeper for 50 years wow he new his stuff so that was that over pretty quick but Derek being derek he got a new head keeper asap and said i could help him out so i did only at weekends.Well the new keeper was only 32 and well in to his terriers and lurchers so i bugged him to take me out so in the end he took me lamping that was it had to get a lurcher he gotn me hooked but this bloke was a short a sweet bloke he said dont need a hand and that was it havnt seen him for 4 and a half years.

So i went home and told my mum i needed a lurcher after a few weeks she foud me one he was 2 yr old and still to this day we dont know what he is but he tought me a lot and when i left school i went straight to college and got a plasement wit a horrible little army man where he was the only keeper but i stuck it out for 2 yrs and passed my course but my boss hatded lurchers so i could not have my dog there so i gave up on the lurcher idea and went to guns and ferrets yea its ok the 2 years wnt quick and i got home after being in a shitty old mobile home and beaing a slave on £55 a week i had some time with the dog but it wasnt the same and i was looking for a job and all i wanted to do was shoot stuff which i couldnt bcoz i had no where to shoot and so i met a local pest controller who took me on for a while and oh yes he had got 2 lurchers so he took me ferreting with the dogs lamping snaring all sorts which got me back to my dogs and so im 18 at this point and nearly 19 i wanted a keeping job so bad ive been looking for a year no luck only a bit of game farm work here and there.I thought i will try my luck asking the NGO job registers list after being on it and still looking for 5 months nearly gave up so to boost myself up i got my self a Beddy whippet wheaton pup at 6 week old mum had other ideas like going ofthe rail when i got it home so i had to build kennels and keep him down the kennel but i only put him down there when he was 3 month old so christmas past january im 19 and a real strange phone call regarding a job just up the road so wwwwooooooohhhhhhhhhoooooowwwwwww off i went for an interview and got the job but not all this could be true oh no the boos seemed nice but only for a day or two then he went on holiday and went here there and blody everywhere it was a big estate with two parts the a361 cutting it in half to much when you dont know the plase so i struggled on and could not see eye to eye with the boss so i decided to leave so i did what a stupid mistake i wish i never left and here we are im coming on 20 i have learnt now :wallbash::wallbash: that i should of put up with it it was a test of trust and responsbility and now i have left the word gets around quick yourno good :doh: and im stuck with doing factory work :thumbdown: and looking despritly for a keepers jobbut only one good little thing came of this time with my young dog hes 12 month old now and mad as a box of frogs a lad on the site i met helped me train him on the lamp good old HUNT4LIfe cheers mate so i took him out for his first time out with the .22 as it was in return for lamping.

All this adds up to me trying to say if you get a chanse to do somethin do it and stick with it also if you get a job dont do what i did and give up because it messes your hole life up im sat at home looking for the odd jobs when i should be out feeding me birds and blattering foxes.Commit yourself to one thing and stick with it its what i should of done.

Thanks for reading this sorry if it does not make sense im no good at writing :no:

if you see anything wrong in it please let me know cheers Stork.

Well i thought is share how i got in to wanting to be a Gamekeeper.

It all started with my uncle and grandad they used to take me out with the lurchers and terriers when i was little i loved it then i got in to trouble at school i hated the blody plase so they let me choose a plase to go to 2 days a week instead of school when i was 15 till i left schoolnearl and i was landed with a lovly old boy called Derek Daw he showed me a lot and then i realised how hard it was going to be but i stuck with it after 20 weeks i had to stop going because they were looking at retireing derek OH NO he was 65 he was on that estate as a keeper for 50 years wow he new his stuff so that was that over pretty quick but Derek being derek he got a new head keeper asap and said i could help him out so i did only at weekends.Well the new keeper was only 32 and well in to his terriers and lurchers so i bugged him to take me out so in the end he took me lamping that was it had to get a lurcher he gotn me hooked but this bloke was a short a sweet bloke he said dont need a hand and that was it havnt seen him for 4 and a half years.

So i went home and told my mum i needed a lurcher after a few weeks she foud me one he was 2 yr old and still to this day we dont know what he is but he tought me a lot and when i left school i went straight to college and got a plasement wit a horrible little army man where he was the only keeper but i stuck it out for 2 yrs and passed my course but my boss hatded lurchers so i could not have my dog there so i gave up on the lurcher idea and went to guns and ferrets yea its ok the 2 years wnt quick and i got home after being in a shitty old mobile home and beaing a slave on £55 a week i had some time with the dog but it wasnt the same and i was looking for a job and all i wanted to do was shoot stuff which i couldnt bcoz i had no where to shoot and so i met a local pest controller who took me on for a while and oh yes he had got 2 lurchers so he took me ferreting with the dogs lamping snaring all sorts which got me back to my dogs and so im 18 at this point and nearly 19 i wanted a keeping job so bad ive been looking for a year no luck only a bit of game farm work here and there.I thought i will try my luck asking the NGO job registers list after being on it and still looking for 5 months nearly gave up so to boost myself up i got my self a Beddy whippet wheaton pup at 6 week old mum had other ideas like going ofthe rail when i got it home so i had to build kennels and keep him down the kennel but i only put him down there when he was 3 month old so christmas past january im 19 and a real strange phone call regarding a job just up the road so wwwwooooooohhhhhhhhhoooooowwwwwww off i went for an interview and got the job but not all this could be true oh no the boos seemed nice but only for a day or two then he went on holiday and went here there and blody everywhere it was a big estate with two parts the a361 cutting it in half to much when you dont know the plase so i struggled on and could not see eye to eye with the boss so i decided to leave so i did what a stupid mistake i wish i never left and here we are im coming on 20 i have learnt now :wallbash::wallbash: that i should of put up with it it was a test of trust and responsbility and now i have left the word gets around quick yourno good :doh: and im stuck with doing factory work :thumbdown: and looking despritly for a keepers jobbut only one good little thing came of this time with my young dog hes 12 month old now and mad as a box of frogs a lad on the site i met helped me train him on the lamp good old HUNT4LIfe cheers mate so i took him out for his first time out with the .22 as it was in return for lamping.

All this adds up to me trying to say if you get a chanse to do somethin do it and stick with it also if you get a job dont do what i did and give up because it messes your hole life up im sat at home looking for the odd jobs when i should be out feeding me birds and blattering foxes.Commit yourself to one thing and stick with it its what i should of done.

Thanks for reading this sorry if it does not make sense im no good at writing :no:

if you see anything wrong in it please let me know cheers Stork.

good read that was cheers for that story ;)

it could have been a lot more involved because thers a lot more to be said but my fingers hurt from all the typing lol

Quite profound all that Sstork old boy :victory:

ha ha yea wish i could do a better job so it made more sense

Stork

I'm getting the impression everything is not rosey at the moment......keep your chin up..believe in what you want and go for it!

Life has hardly started for you yet; take it from an old boy that you can make it happen!! :yes::thumbs: