ferret flu

I think you'll find its the bedding, sawdust in woodchip normally cause's them to sneeze, mine tend to stick there head under/in and then pile drive through it,

stubby your 100% right i got sawdust i n me cage. should i use sumthing elts or will they be fine

I think you'll find its the bedding, sawdust in woodchip normally cause's them to sneeze, mine tend to stick there head under/in and then pile drive through it,

stubby your 100% right i got sawdust i n me cage. should i use sumthing elts or will they be fine

some people find that the saw dust does cause some respitory distress... others have no problems beyond a few sneezes when its first put down..

you might check out a Dust Extracted Wood Chip though... you can get it from Mole Valley Farmers for about £6 a bale.. lasts absolutely ages

ferrets can contract the human flu virus, did you know?? it can kill them if it progresses into pneumonia. and anti bitotc jab from the vet would do no ham and would not break the bank either i should think

but why :doh: if it aint broke, don't try fixing it, granted ferrets can catch human colds, so before telling someone to rush to the vets for a jab, prehaps asking if they had a cold lately would be the first question, also sneezing is not the only sympton, so you'd ask how the eye's and nose looked

data, where are you getting your bedding from?, dont get it from a woodyard/timber merchants, as you cant be sure if the shavings come from treated wood, better to get bales of woodchip from a stables, although your ferrets will still sneeze, its not going to do them any harm

ferrets can contract the human flu virus, did you know?? it can kill them if it progresses into pneumonia. and anti bitotc jab from the vet would do no ham and would not break the bank either i should think

Whats the point of giving them antibiotics when they dont need them ? come the time they do need them they wont work

hey guys thanks for the info , i get my sawdust from the pet shop and ther is dust with it. and also i have had a cold and i didnt think quick enuff because i have read that ferrets can catch a cold, but only two of my ferrets seem to sneeze and i one of them dose have a bit of a runny noise so manybe its a cold or maybe its the saw dust

some people find that the saw dust does cause some respitory distress... others have no problems beyond a few sneezes when its first put down..

you might check out a Dust Extracted Wood Chip though... you can get it from Mole Valley Farmers for about £6 a bale.. lasts absolutely ages

thanks lorelei i will get the dust free saw dust to be safe and its safer for the ferrets :D

mine have sneezing fits after i have cleaned them out because they love tunneling in the fresh shavings ,you are right ferrets can catch the human cold ,your best bet is to change to a more dust free shavings and keep an eye on them that the dont start loosing to much weight as you know yourself you go off your food when you are bunged up so you could expect them to loose a little