Neuter or Vasectomie

Im planning on getting a couple of ferrets at some point and I would definitely like a female but would be considering a male also and was wondering would it be cheaper to get them both neuterd or just get the male a vasectomie? Or get 2 females and have them both spayed?

What would be the safest and cheapest option??

thanks

Im planning on getting a couple of ferrets at some point and I would definitely like a female but would be considering a male also and was wondering would it be cheaper to get them both neuterd or just get the male a vasectomie? Or get 2 females and have them both spayed?

thanks

Yo! this is my first post. If you use a hobblet, how does it take the jill out of season, when the eggs in the overy are not fertilised?

Get two jills and leave them alone and get a hob snipped and if the jills turn out to be good workers and you want to bred them you can borrow a hob

So basically get 3 ferrets? If so how many cages 1 huge one or 2 big ones?

One big hutch and keep them together all year as long as the hobs dont make too much a mess of the jills necks

but when it comes to working them I hear that hobs are more likely to lay up than jills. Also dont they stink more? lol

Yes and yes for me he hobs are bigger and can hold a rabbit easier and its the hobs that smell when there in season and there teste's are dropped

but when it comes to working them I hear that hobs are more likely to lay up than jills. Also dont they stink more? lol

thanks

Yo! this is my first post. If you use a hobblet, how does it take the jill out of season, when the eggs in the overy are not fertilised?

a few old tales here, lets get this in the open for all new ferret keepers to read,

FERRETS SMELL, but if good housekeeping is kept to, then that is greatly reduced, hobs are in my eyes, no more likely to lay up, but whatever you use, jill or hob, thats a good reason to use a locator

a hoblet is a castrated hob (no balls) a snipped hob or vasectamized (balls, but no sperm) can as has been said in the past, still mate with a jill, neither would produce sperm, yet the action would take the jill out of season,

Ritey oh. So i have a huge 2 floor hutch that i'll put in my shed. Next step finding some ferrets :hmm:

Im guessing I should get a hob that is not related to the jills?? And could the jills be related would that be easier?

Yes unless your getting him snipped then he could even be the jills litter brother and it wouldn't matter