german wirehaired pointer

Training one up,very obedient and willing, easiest off the four gundogs I've had, she also points and holds superbly. Shes also 14mnths and I won't rush things, she started gettin bored on dummy work so leaving that for a while. Very steady around rifle and gun though she can be a bit......female about things like my pigs. I'll wait for her too come into her self a bit more. So \i'm very pleased with her and keep reading the books , and keep going back too basics. Talk too Kiwi, I think he's got a couple ;)

glad to hear its coming on well macberran ive had mine on the moor with me every day as mine will be more of a work companion than a out and out pointer he can sniff out stoats in the largest rock piles and likes a little rag at a fox or too i do take mine on shoot days but as ive allowed him to seek out vermin he,s a little pre occupied .next thing is deer hopefully get him some experiance with them this year.

glad to hear its coming on well macberran ive had mine on the moor with me every day as mine will be more of a work companion than a out and out pointer he can sniff out stoats in the largest rock piles and likes a little rag at a fox or too i do take mine on shoot days but as ive allowed him to seek out vermin he,s a little pre occupied .next thing is deer hopefully get him some experiance with them this year.

Hi, I am training two at the moment for blood tracking deer a young bitch 5 months and a young dog just over a year, but they will be only used for deer , because you have let yours hunt freely you might have trouble trying to get him to stick to a blood trail of a wounded deer should you so wish , its just a thought . sounds like your enjoying him anyway they are great dogs best of luck with his traning Drover

i would agree with gary, les and lisa are a wealth of knowledge and a good contact.

i hunt mine on everything, no worries changing to different hunting conditions on the day drover.

glad to hear your girls doing well macberran, and great you are giving her room to develop by herself :clapper:

i would agree with gary, les and lisa are a wealth of knowledge and a good contact.

i hunt mine on everything, no worries changing to different hunting conditions on the day drover.

glad to hear your girls doing well macberran, and great you are giving her room to develop by herself :clapper:

thats what i thought kiwi he is soft with grouse but hard on fur . he is steady enough when wanted i believe he,ll cope pretty well cracking nose on him

maybe got the chance of a gwp x wirehaired vizla dunno tho any thoughts ?

get a mustwork gwp, the vizsla would add nothing to the gwp in a cross.

my dogs get to work alot of pheasant and my young male has a very soft mouth.

added my favorite two pic's from this season, something wasn't quite right in the second pic :icon_redface:

DSC01982.jpg

DSC01983.jpg

added my favorite two pic's from this season, something wasn't quite right in the second pic :icon_redface:

DSC01982.jpg

DSC01983.jpg

i love the look on the gwps face in the second pic.i think if he coud talk he would be saying "what the feck" lol

would love a gwp myself

Edited by D.A.Z

DSC01982.jpg

DSC01983.jpg

i love the look on the gwps face in the second pic.i think if he coud talk he would be saying "what the feck" lol

would love a gwp myself

brill pic kiwi pheasant looks well shocked

ive got an 8 month old gwp here which is starting to hunt cover and has killed a few rats.i just want him as general bushing/vermin dog.

i expect to have alot of fun with him soon and ill use him more as a hound than a gundog.infact with his undocked tail and with him being allowed to give chase and bay at his quarry or scent he is just like a hound. :clapper::clapper:

i like the gwp,either pure or as a lurcher cross.