Stinky start

Someone asked for other quarry pics, well here's a day. Out with a couple of friends a few weeks back. We are on a new section of some property, we find a sette which my bitch enters and begins to bay. By the time I get there and grab my locator box I hear her coming back out thru the leaf filled sette. Someone hollers SKUNK! and I see that she's already on her way out backwards, thank God

She comes out a little dazed and confused, first time she's took a direct hit. She's been sprayed right under her chin and side of her face. I put her on a lead and she pukes 2-3 times. I clean her up with Skunk Off and tie her out, first making sure she's ok.

Too

We pull out our handy little smoke bomb and nuke that little Stinker. One less skunk.

We move to a part of this farm where we have dug before. Here is my friend's 10 mo old boy coming out of a sette where we dug to another dog last year.

Liger-exiting-sette.JPG

We walk another section and find this grave of Augustus Beckman, Born 1838 - Died 1878 - Civil War Veteran

Gravestone---Stoney-Hill.JPG

We drive back to another farm. We haven't been there in about a year. Real nice place , especially in the summer for groundhogs. The owners farm vegetables for local markets on about 150 acres.

View down in the creek

Dwaynes-creek.JPG

Waiting on dogs

pumpkin-farm.JPG

We move to the other side of the creek and my friend's dog enters under this tree on the right, you can see another entrance to this sette on the upper left:

Tree-where-Zippo-entered.JPG

We wait a bit, then drop a hole to find her dog chewing on a raccoon's ass, good job!

Zippo-with-coons-ass.JPG

zippo-in-between-snacks.JPG

We pull him out and let the raccoon go about his business

Racoon-exiting---Ive-had-enough.JPG

Have they left yet?

racoon---when-are-they-leaving.JPG

Nice way to end a stinky morning.

Hunt safe

my computer not showing your pics but thanks for trying the only time ive read about american working terriers in earth dog runningdog mag no offence to anyone but there a bit (put dog in sett dug down job done)

• 2 weeks later...
Someone asked for other quarry pics, well here's a day. Out with a couple of friends a few weeks back. We are on a new section of some property, we find a sette which my bitch enters and begins to bay. By the time I get there and grab my locator box I hear her coming back out thru the leaf filled sette. Someone hollers SKUNK! and I see that she's already on her way out backwards, thank God

She comes out a little dazed and confused, first time she's took a direct hit. She's been sprayed right under her chin and side of her face. I put her on a lead and she pukes 2-3 times. I clean her up with Skunk Off and tie her out, first making sure she's ok.

Too

We pull out our handy little smoke bomb and nuke that little Stinker. One less skunk.

We move to a part of this farm where we have dug before. Here is my friend's 10 mo old boy coming out of a sette where we dug to another dog last year.

Liger-exiting-sette.JPG

We walk another section and find this grave of Augustus Beckman, Born 1838 - Died 1878 - Civil War Veteran

Gravestone---Stoney-Hill.JPG

We drive back to another farm. We haven't been there in about a year. Real nice place , especially in the summer for groundhogs. The owners farm vegetables for local markets on about 150 acres.

View down in the creek

Dwaynes-creek.JPG

Waiting on dogs

pumpkin-farm.JPG

We move to the other side of the creek and my friend's dog enters under this tree on the right, you can see another entrance to this sette on the upper left:

Tree-where-Zippo-entered.JPG

We wait a bit, then drop a hole to find her dog chewing on a raccoon's ass, good job!

Zippo-with-coons-ass.JPG

zippo-in-between-snacks.JPG

We pull him out and let the raccoon go about his business

Racoon-exiting---Ive-had-enough.JPG

Have they left yet?

racoon---when-are-they-leaving.JPG

Nice way to end a stinky morning.

Hunt safe

brilliant photos [bANNED TEXT]

I read a bit in Dave Harcombes working terrier yearbook about working terriers to groundhog in the U,S.A

interesting stuff.. Keep Hunting ........... Jigger.

Just out of interest, do you USA lads ever have problems with snakes when you are working earths?

Have you ever had dogs bitten or snakes bolt for want of a better word.

Just interested.

Be lucky

JOEB

JOEB, dogs of course can be bitten by snakes at anytime. This would occur more readily out in the field while the dogs are in grassy areas etc. where snakes like to sun themeselves and look for food. You wouldn't find one down an inhabited earth or any earth that is used by game for that matter. They would more likely be in secluded places under fallen trees, under rocks etc.

Snakes are clever and can sneak away undetected. I never had a terrier bit by a snake, but have happened on them a few times.

I found an earth last month, and it had Gray fox tracks running in and out of it, and my Lakeland was going MAD to let her in!,..

But there was snake tracks going in and out as well, and at this time, that means Rattle Snakes, and they are NOT a good thing!,..although meaning as they are hibernating, they could eb more lethargic,...but i 'aint gonna risk it!...i have a mate in OK and his dogs have been bitten but CottonMouths etc, and they have gotten over it,...but i dont think there venom is as deadly as the RattleSnake...

Kye,..

PS...PickAxe, i should be getting a little male pup off of two welsh lads, who seems to bred from harder type parents...will be interesting to see how he goes when he is ready!..

Also, FR on here has some VERY well bred gear (Black types) and the older one will be a Coon killer, ive no doubt!... :good: