Fastest dog ever

Doing an art demo the other night and they wanted me to depict movement and speed. Chose a lurcher as the subject but nerves got the better of me standing up there in front of about 40 people so much so that I finished it in double quick time.

Eamonn

STUNNING pic that man.. :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

Adam R and Valleylad

Thanks for getting back. I don’t mind working off photos as its almost impossible to get a likeness without using them. A few additional photos of the dog always helps especially a few head shots. The trick is to make it look like a painting of a dog instead of a painting of a 'photograph of a dog'. I charge £150 + p&p for a painting and you have the right to return it for a full refund if you are not happy with the result (no one has done that yet). I don’t normally frame the work as everyone (or their partner) has their own preferences. If you click on the donkey at the side of my post you can see some examples of my work in the gallery tab. If anyone else is interested get in touch my email is eamonn.mccrory@btinternet.com.

All the best Eamonn

Of all the pics and attempts of painting, drawings I've ever seen on here (and other sites) yours do stand out, you have a certain style that will be noticed for what they are.. excellent.. :notworthy: Floats my boat... :notworthy:

I do like the greyhound trio in your gallery, oh and all the other ones... :notworthy:

have you got a link to website for more pics.. ???

is there a limit to the size of the painting for a £150? thanks

good point mate

I normally work in watercolour using what’s know as ¼ imperial size paper. Before its framed it is roughly about the same size as a sheet of A3 paper (most home printers are A4, so A3 is the same as two of those pages side by side – apologies if you already know this). The mount and frame then increase the overall size depending on what you chose – usually by about 5 inches all round. What you end up with is a decent sized picture. I always use top quality paper (Arches Aquarelle watercolour paper, acid-free and chlorine free, made of 100% cotton fibres) and artist quality paint as the cheaper stuff can fade quite quickly.

Let me know if you need any more information

Eamonn