ultimate stamina running dog cross

been thinking about breeding the ultimate stamina running dog, a lot of people got opinions on the ultimate cross for stamina .ie, saluki, border collie, bull, ect. my thoughts and my thoughts only - suluki, fellhound, siberian husky, border collie, apb terrier. the correct percentage of all these breeds crossed with the correct percentage of greyhound would produce an amazing dog for > stamina, drive, hunting ability, intelligence, speed ect, < a lot of people will say stick to whats been proven over the years, im not one for tradition, why not try to breed a mongeralised exceptional running dog that beats tradition. opinions please . ( no infentile comments)

Edited by dai dogs

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lurcherboy2008
been thinking about breeding the ultimate stamina running dog, a lot of people got opinions on the ultimate cross for stamina .ie, saluki, border collie, bull, ect. my thoughts and my thoughts only - suluki, fellhound, siberian husky, border collie, apb terrier. the correct percentage of all these breeds crossed with the correct percentage of greyhound would produce an amazing dog for > stamina, drive, hunting ability, intelligence, speed ect, < a lot of people will say stick to whats been proven over the years, im not one for tradition, why not try to breed a mongeralised exceptional running dog that beats tradition. opinions please . ( no infentiles)

why not :thumbs:

been thinking about breeding the ultimate stamina running dog, a lot of people got opinions on the ultimate cross for stamina .ie, saluki, border collie, bull, ect. my thoughts and my thoughts only - suluki, fellhound, siberian husky, border collie, apb terrier. the correct percentage of all these breeds crossed with the correct percentage of greyhound would produce an amazing dog for > stamina, drive, hunting ability, intelligence, speed ect, < a lot of people will say stick to whats been proven over the years, im not one for tradition, why not try to breed a mongeralised exceptional running dog that beats tradition. opinions please . ( no infentiles)

why not what ?

Guest lurcherboy2008

why not what ?

why not try to breed a mongeralised exceptional running dog that beats tradition. opinions please . ( no infentile comments)

seems a good idea, my bitch i run is a beddy wippet collie greyhound back to a deerhound greyhound bull greyhound bit of a mix there :icon_redface::icon_redface:

• 1 year later...
been thinking about breeding the ultimate stamina running dog, a lot of people got opinions on the ultimate cross for stamina .ie, saluki, border collie, bull, ect. my thoughts and my thoughts only - suluki, fellhound, siberian husky, border collie, apb terrier. the correct percentage of all these breeds crossed with the correct percentage of greyhound would produce an amazing dog for > stamina, drive, hunting ability, intelligence, speed ect, < a lot of people will say stick to whats been proven over the years, im not one for tradition, why not try to breed a mongeralised exceptional running dog that beats tradition. opinions please . ( no infentile comments)
did you ever do it how did the husky greyhounds turn out :icon_eek: Edited by lietome

I saw some Husky X Grey puppies advertised near me, was interested and wanted to have a look but my dad talked me out of it, people talk about good GSD X Greys and the Husky isn't any heavier built so i don't see that that would be a problem, i would be very interested to see how this cross would turn out.

my bitch is

collie/grey x grey // saluki/grey

X staff/grey

put to a pure

Whippet

000_0570.jpg

she is only 23 and doesnt quite have the bottle to get biten by herself but double up she does and she does all the rest by herself very well, however iv been told her uncle and brother love old red. Her mum,uncle and sister appear in the cmw all the time with articles about rabbiting in the mountans in wales which takes great stamina.

Edited by dances
it is like being a body builder ,you will have to condition the dog rather than any breed .and most of the time a mongrel will come up trumps . :yes:
I saw some Husky X Grey puppies advertised near me, was interested and wanted to have a look but my dad talked me out of it, people talk about good GSD X Greys and the Husky isn't any heavier built so i don't see that that would be a problem, i would be very interested to see how this cross would turn out.
pretty dam good

There's a lot more to just breeding for stamina...you still have to condition the dog and consider the type of quarry your running and the ground. For example a saluki might run down a hare after a long course but how would it fare on short paddocks where the runs are short and fast and vice versa a dog used primarily for bunny's might not last the pace on bigger fields....you would need a varied training regime I would think

There's a lot more to just breeding for stamina...you still have to condition the dog and consider the type of quarry your running and the ground. For example a saluki might run down a hare after a long course but how would it fare on short paddocks where the runs are short and fast and vice versa a dog used primarily for bunny's might not last the pace on bigger fields....you would need a varied training regime I would think

True, one x = colliexgreyxsalukixgrey, seem to have good stamina for most quarry and fair on most type's of ground. The %'s seem to blend well in this x, not saying all but what ive seen+heard this x does have good stamina. :yes: