how often do you get out?i know we all got differant circumstances

Guest markbrick1

Guest markbrick1

been out tonight for about 2 hrs as well as this morning for 4 hrs totall caught today 37 rabbits in totall and a fox,iam gettin out at least once a day it could be lamping are daywork somtimes twice,my catch rate has to average 150 rabbits a week and a few foxes :wallbash::wallbash::gunsmilie: is this to much???????????would your dog spew :whistling::whistling: will mine??????? the dogs are runing the landrover 3 times a wk and catching at the side of it doing approx 7 miles its some going for my breeding but the black bitch wants more shes a pain in the arse for runing she loves it,anyway some pics of tonight mark

post-1343-1222039262.jpg

post-1343-1222039275.jpg

post-1343-1222039288.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tell me what weather over there is to hot it's just that you dont have snakes and i always thought england was a cold country i mean i stop mine when it hits 30+ degrees in the day but if its that at night there fine i just rest them between runs, just curious

Guest markbrick1
tell me what weather over there is to hot it's just that you dont have snakes and i always thought england was a cold country i mean i stop mine when it hits 30+ degrees in the day but if its that at night there fine i just rest them between runs, just curious

i was over there for 12 yrs i had lurchers and a couple pig dogs the heat is differant here 30 degrees here no way i would run my dogs over there we regulary run em in 26 s we have a lot of adder snakes which do do dogs damage but nothing like a tiger or taipan over there,completly differant hunting but all in all a lot better here :drink::drink: mark

Well i try and get out 3 nights a week on the lamp, And on top of that they get walked and run daily, And always try and get one day a week for ratting or a dig and even a bit of ferreting if i get time.... Atb T 7

Edited by tiny 7
Guest markbrick1
mark your slacking your just a part timer. im out 3 times a day catching 350 rabbits a week around 20 hares and shooting a few deer :whistling: come on keep up

see tomo differant circumstances ive got a life outside lurchers :whistling::whistling: your a fat lazy bugger with nothing else to do :laugh::laugh::laugh: mark

Guest markbrick1
Mark, your obsessed.... :laugh::laugh: ...Your getting out, more then a lot on here, fair play. :thumbs:

Myself, as i have a family to keep ect, i get out as much as possible, usually twice a week lamping ect, but im out everyday galloping my lurcher and sometimes, she might put up something on these walks, so i dont do too bad, cant complain. ;)

obsessed :whistling::whistling: frank iam doing now what i love maybe youre right its not like its new to me and iam as keen today as i was over 40 yrs ago,i ponder a lot with the money side of lurchers,i know i could make a lot of money enjoying what i love?we have holiday lets i have a easy 8000 acres of permission to do what i want,farmers ask me how much i want to catch rabbits :no::no: its not about that i say :hmm::hmm::hmm: ive had one hobby besides this well 2 rugby and brickwork and well they took me to a comfortable life,i love it frank i enjoy havin the odd guest willing to talk dogs and carry rabbits what more could a man want,i couldnt bring the money side of things in to my life again :no::no: it would become a chore and i dont want to loose my obsessive behaviour all the best mark

Guest markbrick1

know frank :thumbs::thumbs: and marriage can feck everything up,good job i divorced my ex and angela who iam with now never complains once about me out with the dogs its great.anyway there cutting now and i got to get my black thing on the hares learnin how to catch em :whistling::whistling: shes only a little rabbit dog,who doesnt go out of her comfort zone much,who never looks ripped so she cant do as much as i say she does and when she sees a roe mistakes it for a red cause she doesnt know the differance but is somtimes looked upon as a sheep in wolfs clothing :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: all the best frank mark

been out tonight for about 2 hrs as well as this morning for 4 hrs totall caught today 37 rabbits in totall and a fox,iam gettin out at least once a day it could be lamping are daywork somtimes twice,my catch rate has to average 150 rabbits a week and a few foxes :wallbash::wallbash::gunsmilie: is this to much???????????would your dog spew :whistling::whistling: will mine??????? the dogs are runing the landrover 3 times a wk and catching at the side of it doing approx 7 miles its some going for my breeding but the black bitch wants more shes a pain in the arse for runing she loves it,anyway some pics of tonight mark

I had 30 years of lamping,i was addicted to it,it must have cost me thousands in days off work and fuel,iwould go anywhere ,at any time ,[moon and weather permitting],i had some very good bags of rabbits and sometimes no rabbits,but i allways enjoyed it.Then one day compleatly out of the blue it turned into work,and that was that.Iam now addicted to snareing, and thats much worse.Just to set the cat among the pidgeons the best dogs for lamping in my opinion, are bedlington or collie greyhound crosses,no dog will catch a 100 rabbits in a night , and todays lamps are to bright.micky.