Terriers and air guns

Hi All, I need pointing in the right direction if any one has the time. I am a total novice to all hunting and keen to take it up. I am particularly interested in Patterdale/ Fell terriers. I have read several books on the breed and am fully aware of the importance of buying from good working stock and have a list of good blood lines from the books I have read but I have no idea were to go from there . I live in the north east and have been trying to find terrier clubs in the hope that some one might show me the ropes but have found only clubs for show dogs. I have also purchased an air rifle so I can get into shooting rabbits, I asked the owner of a nursery if I could have permission to shoot on his land but it turns out due to some wotsits shooting the adjacent farmers sheep for fun, permission was now granted to only one guy whom has a license. Do you need a license to shoot rabbits and what is the best way to go about obtaining permission to shoot on some ones land? Any advice would be very welcome.

Cheers,

John. :notworthy:

Guest buster321c

Hiya mate , firstly you dont need a licence for a sub 12 ftlb air rifle , but insurance will be a good thing to have on your side :thumbs: ( pm foxgun tom about SACS insurance THL members get a discount and it ends up about £22 to be fully covered ) :thumbs: A good way to get permission is to get out and about ( not dressed in cammo ) lookin respectable , and anywhere that looks ok with a bit of land , knock the door and explain that you can help with pest control ( free of charge ) :thumbs: Show them your insurance card , leave them your details and move on to the next . Just remember it may take along time to get some , but its worth the wait ,and when you get some , more will follow as people begin to trust you :thumbs: Using a site like this could help you meet likeminded people in your area that will hopefully , teach you and guide you in the skill that your lookin to learn , atb Buster :thumbs:

PS You can also get some letters printed and droped into letter boxes ( sure that there are some for download on this site somewhere) :thumbs:

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index...showtopic=40744

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index...showtopic=55295

Buster

Hiya mate , firstly you dont need a licence for a sub 12 ftlb air rifle , but insurance will be a good thing to have on your side :thumbs: ( pm foxgun tom about SACS insurance THL members get a discount and it ends up about £22 to be fully covered ) :thumbs: A good way to get permission is to get out and about ( not dressed in cammo ) lookin respectable , and anywhere that looks ok with a bit of land , knock the door and explain that you can help with pest control ( free of charge ) :thumbs: Show them your insurance card , leave them your details and move on to the next . Just remember it may take along time to get some , but its worth the wait ,and when you get some , more will follow as people begin to trust you :thumbs: Using a site like this could help you meet likeminded people in your area that will hopefully , teach you and guide you in the skill that your lookin to learn , atb Buster :thumbs:

PS You can also get some letters printed and droped into letter boxes ( sure that there are some for download on this site somewhere) :thumbs:

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index...showtopic=40744

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index...showtopic=55295

Buster

Thanks Buster, thats great info, insurance sounds like a good idea and will def get that sorted. I guess I better dust my tie of and start knoking on some doors.

Cheers mate,

John.