Training,..

Alright guys,..

Who here trains with weights, for strength/size?...what routines do you do, and what suits you best?...how many times a week do you train, for how long?...do you lift heavy and little, or light and lots?...any routines for mass/strength?...Stuck on a major plateau at the moment!...lol.

Kye,..

was realy in to the body building thing up to about 3 years ago.

in the mid nineties i trained with Paula Bircumshaw. ( british champ in the early nineties , also did the olyimpia.) for abot 4 years.

one of things i learned was food and nutrision, thats the key. if your after size and strength. you have to eat alot. if your 15 stone , eat like an 18-19 stone man. also lift heavy as posible but with good form.

we used to lift 4 times a week on a split routine workout times were between 45 mins and 1 hour. there was not much time in between sets just your partners set then straight back on.

HEAVY WIEGHTS

GOOD FORM

GOOD DIET

AND CONSISTANCY .

it takes time so dont miss workouts.

good luck . right wheres that cake :D

;) R 8 Kye, i work at gym three days a week and have worked there for the past two years. The jobs great because i don't start work to 3.30 in the afternoon, which through the winter gives me plenty of time out with the dogs.

After Christmas me and my training partner started a new training programme, which we train each body part once a week training three exercises on each body part. The exercises are done for three sets doing reps in the range of 10,8,6. We've finished this programme now and the gains in strenth were great. Now we are totally different, lighter training each body part once a week, three exercises for 5 sets using the rep range of 15,12,10,10,12, this training rountine is working in hardening muscle mass. So we'll see how it goes on.

I've got loads of web-sites for training tips so i'll find the addresses and pm them to you.

All the best Tommy ;);)

Cheers guys..

Yeah, i PM'ed a mate, and told him what i was doing, and it turns out im basicly doing the same as him!..lol...This guy knows the game well, so its encouraging to hear im doing the right thing!

At the moment im doing small and often..

Monday...Chest.

Tuesday...Arms (Bicep-Tricep)

Wednesday...Back.

Thurday...Shoulders.

Friday...Legs ( I dont know why, but i HATE doing legs!..lol.)

Seems to work for me...i only train for about 40-50 minutes, but lift heavy as i can, and intense...hardly no waiting between Sets...

Ive also found stretching has helped size, and recovery,...i stretch between Sets and seems to have helped alot...Got to keep nice and supple,..lol.

Thanks guys..

Kye,..

Don't why you boys are so bothered about getting a six pack. I've got a whole f****n barrel and getting it was a lot less strenuous. About the heaviest thing i lifted to get it ws a pint. Mind you it took lots of reps :haha::haha::haha:

Re Stollen

Dumbell exercises for back include dumbell pullovers, dumbell rows dumbell/barbell deadlifts (the bees knees). With a barbell you could do good mornings or hyperextension, which are great for lower back.

For shoulders i think that dumbells are great to use. You could normal shoulder press, lateral raises, front raises, rear delt raises (bent over dumbell laterals), dumbell up-right rows and of course dumbell shrugs.

Try searching on google for weight training and look for dumbell activitys there's loads !!!

All the best Tommy ;);)

Re Stollen

Dumbell exercises for back include dumbell pullovers, dumbell rows dumbell/barbell deadlifts (the bees knees). With a barbell you could do good mornings or hyperextension, which are great for lower back.

For shoulders i think that dumbells are great to use. You could normal shoulder press, lateral raises, front raises, rear delt raises (bent over dumbell laterals), dumbell up-right rows and of course dumbell shrugs.

Try searching on google for weight training and look for dumbell activitys there's loads !!!

All the best Tommy ;);)

:good:

Edited by stollen
Guest DogFaceKillah

i work out 6 days a week!

monday= back n biceps

tuesday=chest n triceps

wednesday=shoulders n traps

thursday=stomach and fore arms

fridays= legs

saturaday = cardio

i train for a about at least and hour a day, due to i used to be 9 and a half stone ive been training now for 5 months eating the right protien ect now im 12 stone so abit of a difference :yes:

Guest young lampers
i work out 6 days a week!

monday= back n biceps

tuesday=chest n triceps

wednesday=shoulders n traps

thursday=stomach and fore arms

fridays= legs

saturaday = cardio

i train for a about at least and hour a day, due to i used to be 9 and a half stone ive been training now for 5 months eating the right protien ect now im 12 stone so abit of a difference :yes:

good on ya mate for sticking at it :good::good: