Bull Blooded Earth Dogs

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Staff x parson The parents are below. Was never worked, had to give him away when split up with the mrs.

He is however a little fecker, if it moves he will nail it or die trying.

post-20664-1220799050.jpgpost-20664-1220799078_thumb.jpg

Whats that staff seen to make you want to use it as a cross mate ?

A bull blooded dog that we've had a few good digs to...

stevie5sept.jpg

glad to see hes still going well bud,im going back to that type of blood next time i breed meg which will be her last litter wasnt to pleased with the last breeding i did with the chaz dog,the wheeler stuff works well with meg

stevie5sept.jpg

glad to see hes still going well bud,im going back to that type of blood next time i breed meg which will be her last litter wasnt to pleased with the last breeding i did with the chaz dog,the wheeler stuff works well with meg

Just out of curiosity why were you not happy as the litter must still only be pups

.just a genuine question

pm if you wan t

stevie5sept.jpg

Just out of curiosity why were you not happy as the litter must still only be pups

.just a genuine question

pm if you wan t

the pup i kept very unsteady and would scream his head off and bark at everything and i mean everything and nothing would stop him he would run barking at people from 50 yards away including childrenand was hyper tense all the time,my mate has the litter brother is not as bad in that way but bites if you handle him the stuff ive bred from meg and wheeler stuff all have rock steady temperaments and a calm nature which is something i expect in all my dogs

stevie5sept.jpg

Its a shame to hear about that mate as it's good blood in that Chaz dog, good luck with the next mating, which dog are you going to be using? PM if preferred mate... :thumbs:

a young full staff i got she has had a couple but has not had a chance to go deep first was in the hollwed out base of a tree another she was so close she had it by the tail as it went into the ground after chasing it out of the long grass

Picturespaul2247-1.jpg

Picturespaul2258.jpg

Edited by Running

stevie5sept.jpg

i dont mean anythink by this lads but why would you want bull blood in terriers like patts and lake's. the patts ive got are off they heads and dont stop,no revesre gear. just car'nt see the point.

stevie5sept.jpg

i dont mean anythink by this lads but why would you want bull blood in terriers like patts and lake's. the patts ive got are off they heads and dont stop,no revesre gear. just car'nt see the point.

there only 8 months old stu they aint had time to go in forward gear :feck:

stevie5sept.jpg

You've got a good point Skeet, patterdales shouldn't need the bull but I think some people believe it will add size and power to a line of terriers if they're producing small dogs that might struggle with 'heavy' game,however I think that when bull is added to a strain they can lack in nose IMO...

Staff x parson The parents are below. Was never worked, had to give him away when split up with the mrs.

He is however a little fecker, if it moves he will nail it or die trying.

post-20664-1220799050.jpgpost-20664-1220799078_thumb.jpg

Whats that staff seen to make you want to use it as a cross mate ?

It was an accidental mating. The parson was kenneled outside, My staff got his head through the catflap and kept going. He pushed the bottom panel out of the door and broke into the kennel !

When i got home from work they were both lying on the sofa, having a ciggy if you see what i mean.......

stevie5sept.jpg

the last thing i want is a terrier in a terrier is a headcase with no reverse gear and and at the end of the day if i was that way inclined i could find a reverse gear in any terrier.The dog in the picture is out of my old bitch and is under an 1/8 bull.Personally i wouldnt want much more than that.What i like about just a little bull blood is good bone strong head/jaw and strong constitution.And if we are realistic most of the old lines of patterdale had a drop of bull in them.

DOWNSOUTH WHAT WHEELER DOG DID YOU USE ON YOUR BITCH. THERE IS A COUPLE OF FELLAS LIVE ROUND MY WAY THAT KEEP WHEELER LINES. NOT MY CUP OF TEA AS THE ONES I HAVE SEEN THOUGH BUILT FOR THE JOB, LACKED IN THE ABILITY TO TRAVEL AND FIND. THE MOST IMPORTENT INGREDIENTS IN THE MAKE UP OF ANY WORKING TERRIER AWAY FAR BEFORE, HEAD, JAW, AND BONE.