bought my old dog back tonight

im in need of some help and advice.....i have bought my old dog back for £200. When the mrs saw him she cried he is in a right old state. upon closer inspection we've found on 3 of his legs holes in his skin that go into his knuckle? the kennel was small and he had to crouch to get in so we think they are from that but his joints seem very swollen. we have been told that it's from a dig but its on all but 1 leg and on both back legs? we've done the salt water and noroclav any thing else anybody can suggest?

post-22007-1220311172.jpg

post-22007-1220311428_thumb.jpg

post-22007-1220311447_thumb.jpg

post-22007-1220311685_thumb.jpg

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest smashygadge

i wouldnt of gave them feckall back for it mate well what can you say to seeing that

really upsetting .the old salt and water is good for drying the holes up.

but looks like steady feed and water to bring him back to strengh .

who in their mined buys a dog and leaves it to get in that state .really sorry for you mate :wallbash:

:clapper: First of all well done you for getting him back

Just get him to the vets asap, he looks like he could do with some anti biotics, the only way a dog gets them (kennal sores) is by sleeping on bare boards or concrete.

SUDOCREME in a grey plastic jar that you get for babies bums is a great cream to use you can get it in chemists and its not very expensive and is used for bed sores as well in humans which is a similar thing

:notworthy:

Good luck with him

Guest smashygadge
Bad isnt it......The mrs got on the floor to him and cuddled him and cried, that was it for me the £200 was no longer an issue, id have paid him what ever he wanted.

well i cannot beleive somone could stand their and take the money.ive seen some stuff i got a grey in a bad way but the poor thing :thumbdown: and i bet the dogs so glad he is back in the family home.

if nothing else he will feel some love again :thumbs:

:clapper: First of all well done you for getting him back

Just get him to the vets asap, he looks like he could do with some anti biotics, the only way a dog gets them (kennal sores) is by sleeping on bare boards or concrete.

SUDOCREME in a grey plastic jar that you get for babies bums is a great cream to use you can get it in chemists and its not very expensive and is used for bed sores as well in humans which is a similar thing

:notworthy:

Good luck with him

cheers the floor of the box was bare boards, ive never seen a dog with kennel sores before. ill put some cream on em for him.

Guest smashygadge
also he isnt eating well. ive tried tinned meat, soaked biscuits, brown bread, cheese, bones from the butcher but all he's had is about 3 mouth fulls, i'm assuming his stomach has shrunk and he cant fit no more in? any suggestions?

mushed wheetabix in milk is good and i no a bloke used to use rice pudding .

anything will probably be heavy on his gut at the moment :victory:

:doh: Feck me,.there is some terrible cruel and callous feckers about :censored:

Get some good nourishing grub down the poor jukel,..

Ask the Butcher for a few raw chicken carcases and some lamb bits'n' pieces,...and get his sore wounds healed...

I hate to see dog in such an unhappy state,....you did a good thing..... :clapper:

All the best,.CHALKWARREN... :drink:

Jeez man, take him to the vets just be honest and tell them the real story. If you had done it you wouldnt have taken the time and effort to take him there would you? I cant imagine them prosecuting you. If i was in your boots, it would only be the fact i want to keep my firearms license from stopping me hammering the guy.

The dog is now yours: you paid for it: if you DON'T take it to the vets you could be done for neglecting it if there is something seriously wrong with the dog internally. Could be suffering from dehydration/kidneys packing up due to lack of fluid intake. Most b*****ds who don't feed a dog properly also don't care if it is not getting enough water. That dog needs to be put on a drip straight away if it it not eating: it may be too late, but you need to try to save it. Take it to the vet NOW: tell them the truth and get the dog treated professionally.

dont go to the vets if you read clive rees articles in the country mans weekly you would not go to the vet. one other thing it could be a twisted gut that has caused the weight loss

the vet knows us and our mini zoo! so he wouldnt think we had done it to him but i think i'll leave it a bit to see how he goes.

ma mrs used to work at a vets and is usually pretty accurate [bANNED TEXT] diagnosis and treatment, lots of help from people on here and we'v had a pm from fell terrier with an offer of help so i dont think the vet could really suggest much more.