SUEING THE GPO

Anyone who runs a company that deals with posting goods to customers will know how important reliability is in this modern world. Somthing i try to do is honour the contract of sales and deliver the good puchased in good time. This has been something that on a few occossians i have not been able to do to a few of my customers, some of you on here, THL.

Looking back at the amount of either lost or mispalced parcles i have sent, the number is at a level that has become intollerable because not only is it leaving you the customer waiting for your nets and goods, it has left me out of pocket as each and every time i have had to repalce the said items and again pay for postage, and me being me have felt i owe the customer a little something as a way of saying sorry for the delay. The little something is normally either a few extra nets or a stop net or something of that fashion.

To expalin what it is im rambling on about let me explain.

A hunting life member called FATS is the latest to have to had waited for his new nets as the firstime i sent them they ended up in a holding depot near Newark becase the parcle was damaged. This i was not told till i tryed to find out why it wasnt delivered. Further to the hassle was the fact it was being sent back to me for re-packaging. This i did and again posted it to fats. Again it wasnt delivered as this time i was told i had paid for the wrong service due to the weight of the parcle and it had been held at a local depot. Again i was told by FATS he still hadnt recieved his nets so i rang to find out only to be told this about the weight. So this afternoon ive been and taken the parcle and handed it to a courier firm and again i have had to pay to get it delivered.

This is only one of a number of parcles that i have had problems with, either not turning up or going missing for weeks only to arrive at a later date. SO, fed up with it i have today sought legal advice and started legal proceeding against the GPO. This is again going to cost me money, which if a future court ruling is ruled in my favour will see me getting my money back. This will be a long drawn out process im sure but one im willing to se through to the end.

Why have i posted this on here? simple. To thank each and everyone of the members off here, for their understanding when they have had to wait for their goods. But mostly just to vent my spleen at a service as crap as the gpo and to warn others.

regards

Martin

Edited by mole catcher

In fairness Consignia is now the demon that used to be the GPO. The minute it became a business, as opposed to a service, we knew we were on to a loser...

I agree though. It's a frustrating venture dealing with the Royal Mail.

Have you considered another courier service?

Have you considered another courier service?

Im now in the process of setting up a long term deal with a courier. Im just shopping around as we type looking to get a good service from the off rather than have to change. just matter of seeing what they can do for me. :wallbash:

Guest JohnGalway

Good luck with the case :yes: I've recieved many parcels from around the world but the most frustrating one came from the UK. Took months to arrive, the company trusted with delivering it never told me or the sender what happened to it until both of us got onto them. They sent it back to the UK company who used another service to get it to me :yes: Some of them are more like money donation services rather than parcel delivery services.