what is a proper foxing dog?

think you are missing the point here would not care if he had only seen 10 in his first season what i am saying 1 season does not make a fox dog he is a good dog for what he has done but another season will tell have had good fox dogs that throw in the towel after 2-3 seasons would not even let this dog be used on a bitch until he has 3 seasons under his belt and have had a few lads already inquiring for his services

FAIR PLAY MATE HAPPY HUNTING,iv had a few lads wanting to use the dog of mine,i would let them aswel its not just [bANNED TEXT] they can do in 2 or 3 year,but yeah that would help,its wots in the dog and its breeding,thats [bANNED TEXT] i look for in a dog not the scars on its face that means nothing.happy hunting ste!

post-15757-1220196871.jpg

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lad i no had 7 in one night with one bull x dog had some stick like

Well done to him"IM NOT TRING TO SAY THE DOG DIDNT DO IT BUT I WOULD OF HAD TO BE THERE TO SEE THAT"personaly i think that is cruel on the dog i think there is a boundry where you say to your self the dogs had a few

lets call it a night and not SICKEN the dog . :victory:

well the dog did it and had some stick of them

Iv only had a dog thats seen 6 in a night but that was not on its own,it done 3 but i would not let it

try anymore so the other dog was used with it,There is a thig called RESPECT for your dog if your doing

7 a night with a dog its gonna get sick at some stage thats how a lot of good fox dogs go down the drain

with idiots like that hammering them,not having a go thats just my opinion cheers. :victory:

everyone is different,my little wheaten bull x will have seen 20 this season allready and she is only 15 months and showing no sighns of jacking.. one of my older dogs is coming into his 4th season and been wel well tested so id call him a proper dog,not woth running on young foxes this time of year as there is a big big difference between sept foxes and febuary ones imho......

take note she has seen 20 with her eyes as its illegal to run them with dogs :icon_redface:

pups on cubs adults on adults,any fool can take even a half decent dog out this time of year and kill a great load then boast about how good his dog is,,then try giving the same dog 10 in a night come feb or march and i bet he would be up for sale having jacked,,,

1 man might kill 20 a season and be very happy with his dogs and how they perform

next man might kill 20 or 30 a week so the first mans dogs will often be no good for the second man.

its all on work given

but you couldnt knock the first mans dogs as they done nothing wrong,,,,,, until he maybe tries it the seconds way...

there is a lot and i mean a lot of half decent dogs out there that are quite happy for the first mans work rate yet there is very very few that can stand and maintain the second mans!!!!

all my opinion and i kn ow f**k all either,plus its all banned so hypothetical

couldnt put it better my self spider :clapper::victory::icon_redface:

any dog that couldnt take seven in a night in my eyes aint worth keeping. :thumbs:

thats some statement, by that token i bet theres a hell of a lot of good dogs(that do fox regulary) in the uk not worth keeping,

how does that work then, do they need to catch

7 in a night once a week

7 in a night once a fortnight

7 in a night once a month

7 in a night once a season or do they need to do

7 in a night everytime they go out to be worthy of keeping, as stej said you must have some very very good dogs in your yard, or there again you maybe aint got any,lol, not picking a fight its just some statements thats made on here are laughable, be nice to see 7 in a night.cheers HF.

a dog that has taken his share in a night but still takes his fox with out picking his bite is fair game for me,you can see dogs that have to many nearlys because they wait for there bite.in my opinion of course.

as for numbers like 7 ect depends if you are talking double or single

we run double most time just for catch rate and can often hit teens and well beyond,

foxes here aint easy and take some bloody catching

Cant be that difficult mate with catch rate like that imo no offence!

as for numbers like 7 ect depends if you are talking double or single

we run double most time just for catch rate and can often hit teens and well beyond,

foxes here aint easy and take some bloody catching

Cant be that difficult mate with catch rate like that imo no offence!

only with the right dogs!! :tongue2::tongue2:

never had a good dog and am first to admit it good fox dogs are rare and are hard to find but some people have standards and others make do with what the got