A Few Pics From 'The Sporting Bull Terrier'

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

friend of mine has a bull x supposedly out of a dog called diesel from birmingham way... its a longshot but would anyone know anything about him... supposedly he has been used a number of times cause of his stamp and gameness so might be known to lurchermen

is that pit general catch weight?just mind reading them lads average weight was between 30 and 45 ib,he looks a lot bigger in the photo

pit general was a 42-44lb dog, another victim of a dog thief !!!!!!!!

Was thinking the same myself Spiff, he looks big for the weight. Did'nt know Pit General was stolen p***y, was he a Gr Ch?

when don mayfield visited danny burtons yard, he saw four dogs that were in bits, and a black dog sitting down with nothing wrong with him, danny said he had rolled some dogs, don said why did you roll them in to each why not into the black dog ??

danny told him he had rolled the four dogs into the black dog , one after the other and the black dog make pieces out of the four dogs !! don bought the dog there and then and called him "GENERAL" .

GENERAL HAD TWO MATCHES, ONE AGAINST " DUKE" AND HE BIT HIM IN TWO!! THE SECOND MATCH WAS AGAINST " BART" HE KILLED " BART" IN 52 MINS. THE PHOTO YOU PUT UP IS A PHOTO OF DON AND THE "GENERAL" AT THE MATCH IN THE PIT ! AND AFTER THAT FIGHT HE WAS STOLEN. GENERAL KILLED A BITCH THAT GOT OFF HER CHAIN WHEN SHE RAN UP TO HIM SHE WAS IN FULL BLOSSOM READY TO BE MATED, GENERAL KILLED HER AND STARTED EATING HER !!!! AT THE " BART " MATCH DOG MEN CAME FROM EVERY WERE TO SEE THIS MATCH THEY CAME TO SEE THE " BART " DOG WIN AGAIN, BUT WHAT SOME FIGHTING DOG MEN SAID THEY SAW WAS THE GREATEST FIGHTING DOG EVER......... " PIT GENERAL "

That Duke Dog he bit In two....Wouldn't have been Gr Ch Duke would It?

Butch :thumbs:

is that pit general catch weight?just mind reading them lads average weight was between 30 and 45 ib,he looks a lot bigger in the photo

Was thinking the same myself Spiff, he looks big for the weight. Did'nt know Pit General was stolen p***y, was he a Gr Ch?

when don mayfield visited danny burtons yard, he saw four dogs that were in bits, and a black dog sitting down with nothing wrong with him, danny said he had rolled some dogs, don said why did you roll them in to each why not into the black dog ??

danny told him he had rolled the four dogs into the black dog , one after the other and the black dog make pieces out of the four dogs !! don bought the dog there and then and called him "GENERAL" .

GENERAL HAD TWO MATCHES, ONE AGAINST " DUKE" AND HE BIT HIM IN TWO!! THE SECOND MATCH WAS AGAINST " BART" HE KILLED " BART" IN 52 MINS. THE PHOTO YOU PUT UP IS A PHOTO OF DON AND THE "GENERAL" AT THE MATCH IN THE PIT ! AND AFTER THAT FIGHT HE WAS STOLEN. GENERAL KILLED A BITCH THAT GOT OFF HER CHAIN WHEN SHE RAN UP TO HIM SHE WAS IN FULL BLOSSOM READY TO BE MATED, GENERAL KILLED HER AND STARTED EATING HER !!!! AT THE " BART " MATCH DOG MEN CAME FROM EVERY WERE TO SEE THIS MATCH THEY CAME TO SEE THE " BART " DOG WIN AGAIN, BUT WHAT SOME FIGHTING DOG MEN SAID THEY SAW WAS THE GREATEST FIGHTING DOG EVER......... " PIT GENERAL "

did general ever show up after that???

if so where???

did general ever show up after that???

if so where???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGwGfJZNMaA - more information on General from the source himself talking on this one. I am sure the hung papers on General the thieves, so many of these so called beautifully bred dogs here in the states are lies, I know beautiful jeep bred dogs on paper that have totally different pedigrees, WELL KNOWN dogs -very well known producers with other dogs producing for them because they sell better with a famous name on them. Some of Crenshaw's best breeding were hidden secrets that will never be spoken of. Every line is like that though, that is why it is the best to stay with honest people in these dogs, I spent thousands of dollars a few years back on dogs, had a excellent yard of dogs next thing I know I get a helping hand and I was given a handfull of dogs for free. I am thinking WTF, a free dog is probably shit, now all the dogs that are pictured in this post are my free dogs and not a single dog I paid for is with me today all papered and legit. The man who gave them to me won't sell a dog but he will give a honest man a dog for free in a heartbeat. A good dog is where you find them.

• 2 weeks later...
Thought I'd bump up an old Thread of mine...

Ch Jeep was not only known for his Fighting abilities but his ability to produce good Pups ;)

It's something that Interests me so lets keep It going and swap knowledge :thumbs:

Butch

So true as most people think he was a famous fighting dog but he was a great producer of fighting dogs like Bolio or chinaman even the eli & redboy stuff & they really were breed millions of tmes and have become huge influences in todays dogs, when you think of fighting pits no one can say that was the best dogs but afew come to mind like Zebo, i even heard some good of colbys pinscher then further back we go to the boyles stuff & armitage pits, i like youself butch find this subject fascinating, more for the heritage it brings up & all the history that we can still look at today.

I find the Mayfield dogs to be huge as like others said earlier most dogs that were pitted usually tended to be anything from 26 pound upto 47 pound & its funny now how everyone thinks they have a pit & its like 100 & odd pound in weight ( the mastiff influence ) however when i look at pits i look at them much the same way you would look at lurchers as they seem to have a great varience in pits & were just made to do the "job" but unfortunetly in todays climate most "dogmen" turn out to be wan.ers & money orientated & this is the state of affairs as of today like most breeds have suffered but the pit has suffered more than most

I just finished reading "30 yeears of fighting dogs" by G Armitage & theres some great pics going back to the late 1800's of Cockney Charlie & his old dogs that he shipped to the US from the Uk & also should have mentioned his famous dog above Kager, although he did seem to have alot of great dogs, truly a great read & lots of interesting pictures from the late 1800's upwards with reports advertising fights in the police gazette no less & using police rules hahaha funny old world hey, a great book though & worth the read.

we should also not forget about some of the great dogs shipped to the US like psycho or stormer & who by all accounts had some ebt & sbt in him & not , the former also being Irelands first recognised champion by the PBA, Oh & not to foget duke who was a full staffie, i think when we start to go back into the 1800's most of the dogs came from the uk & just evolved to what we see today in this Magnificent breed of dog, it really just depends how far in history you want to go back we could go to the 1100's when the late kind edward" i believe took his fighting mastiffs to Bordeaux, france where a certain mastiff breed was later formed or we could look back into red smuts & dudley terriers as the creation of the mdern pit.

We truly are blessed to have been involved in creating so many Beautiful canines on these small islands & so many great dogs have come from these shores

but these are more topics & threads for anotather day... & personally i could not think of a better breed man made than the Pitbull Terrier although most Bull breeds come a close second to me :clapper:

Heres some more info

http://www.game-bred.com/game-bred-hall-of-fame.htm

Hope you enjoy the read & pictures

Edited by richard25
Thought I'd bump up an old Thread of mine...

Ch Jeep was not only known for his Fighting abilities but his ability to produce good Pups ;)

It's something that Interests me so lets keep It going and swap knowledge :thumbs:

Butch

So true as most people think he was a famous fighting dog but he was a great producer of fighting dogs like Bolio or chinaman even the eli & redboy stuff & they really were breed millions of tmes and have become huge influences in todays dogs, when you think of fighting pits no one can say that was the best dogs but afew come to mind like Zebo, i even heard some good of colbys pinscher then further back we go to the boyles stuff & armitage pits, i like youself butch find this subject fascinating, more for the heritage it brings up & all the history that we can still look at today.

I find the Mayfield dogs to be huge as like others said earlier most dogs that were pitted usually tended to be anything from 26 pound upto 47 pound & its funny now how everyone thinks they have a pit & its like 100 & odd pound in weight ( the mastiff influence ) however when i look at pits i look at them much the same way you would look at lurchers as they seem to have a great varience in pits & were just made to do the "job" but unfortunetly in todays climate most "dogmen" turn out to be wan.ers & money orientated & this is the state of affairs as of today like most breeds have suffered but the pit has suffered more than most

I just finished reading "30 yeears of fighting dogs" by G Armitage & theres some great pics going back to the late 1800's of Cockney Charlie & his old dogs that he shipped to the US from the Uk & also should have mentioned his famous dog above Kager, although he did seem to have alot of great dogs, truly a great read & lots of interesting pictures from the late 1800's upwards with reports advertising fights in the police gazette no less & using police rules hahaha funny old world hey, a great book though & worth the read.

we should also not forget about some of the great dogs shipped to the US like psycho or stormer & who by all accounts had some ebt & sbt in him & not , the former also being Irelands first recognised champion by the PBA, Oh & not to foget duke who was a full staffie, i think when we start to go back into the 1800's most of the dogs came from the uk & just evolved to what we see today in this Magnificent breed of dog, it really just depends how far in history you want to go back we could go to the 1100's when the late kind edward" i believe took his fighting mastiffs to Bordeaux, france where a certain mastiff breed was later formed or we could look back into red smuts & dudley terriers as the creation of the mdern pit.

We truly are blessed to have been involved in creating so many Beautiful canines on these small islands & so many great dogs have come from these shores

but these are more topics & threads for anotather day... & personally i could not think of a better breed man made than the Pitbull Terrier although most Bull breeds come a close second to me :clapper:

Heres some more info

http://www.game-bred.com/game-bred-hall-of-fame.htm

Hope you enjoy the read & pictures

read the same book, one of the best to understand what was exported to the Américas and what was used.

excellent post! :clapper: :clapper: