best stalking weather?

Its good weather where i stay the now for bucks on the rut, we are getting thundery conditions nice and humid also, seems to kick the bucks and doe's into action!

I always like to go out after a big down poor also, roe dont like the rain and seem a little but more desperate to come out and feed after a big down pour, this applies at any time of the year for me.

That's my experiance with Roe, maybe other readers will have differant ideas for other species etc.

the reds don't seem to mind the rain that much, but i find the best fallow stalking time would be after two or three good heavy days rain, all the fields beside the wood we stalk to seem to be packed with them........... :thumbs:

We have mainly hedges around us where the deer have no choice but to sit in tight in a storm .Its not so much whats the best weather for the deer as to whats best to stalk them in and i would have to say its sunny evening /mornings with a soft breeze .

Hi all just wondered what your prefered weather conditions are for stalking?

cheers

i find really dark nights with loads of wind and i usually wait on streets with no lights so the women cant see me following ,OH SHIT i thought you were talking about women :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Flippen 'ek whatever you like looking at this lot...I suspect it will be a bit different for different land/species/area of the country but in simple terms I'd go for temperate and early morning or evening :thumbs:

Edited by Deker

decent downpour before hand and then a warm bright morning with a decent wind, branches drip and move the deer out into the field. well thats what i hope for anyway but as has been said horses for courses and i don't think it would make a vast amount of difference just makes it a little easier sometimes, but then no one said that it was meant to be easy and if it was we wouldn't enjoy it as much.

on-point