looks like hancock it is

One of my m8s got a Hancock bred dog out of a local stray kennel's in Durham last year, Its a 3/4 grey 1/4 collie brindle broken coated dog, he had a few problem's with the dog when he first got it, but a year on this particular dog is a very nice Rabbit dog. The dog is just over 2 year's old now so still a bit young really, and me [bANNED TEXT] is considering going down and buying a pup off Hancock. The dog has ear tattoo's and me [bANNED TEXT] rang Mr Hancock and got the exact age and breeding on this dog and he sounded gutted one of his dog's ended up a stray.

To many people buy pups and cant be bothered or are unable to put in the necessary time and effort to train and enter them properly and the moment they run into difficulties the dog is passed on as being useless or "not right" usually ending in several kennels. Most of these dogs with the proper time and effort will go on to be useful workers if the owner doesn't Jibb. Good luck with whatever you decide to do about your next dog :icon_eek:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest reload
Puppy farming is wrong, simple.

It's bad news for the dogs as well as many of the owners

He's a comercial breeder not a puppy farmer :doh:

He constantly has pups for sale, he constantly has a advert in the CMW.....!! HE is banging out puppys every week, how can anyone who cares about dogs in general or working dogs...........Justify that behaviour....seriously

you ever been there??? i have ,a few times,how stupid are you???? its row upon row of pens in big barns full of ex track bitches and not just select bitches,just all he can get his hands on and all never see daylight agian,the only differences to mass produced pigs is when they pup they arnt in sow crates,they are bred on every season till a vet comes round every 6 months and says that one ,that one, to the insinerater at the end of the yard.same as a pig farm is run!! his early sires may have been from working collies but there meny years dead ITS A FU*KING PUPPY FARM YOU DIVS!!! dogs bred purely for MONEY the dogs are still £200 pounds no matter what,are you blind or just plain fu*cing thick?? they are no longer parvo jabed as they used to be dipite the add in the countrymans that says they are.anyone who says different either hasnt seen it with there own eyes or is fooling themselves cause they fu*ked up and bort a dog from one of the countrys biggest puppy FARMS,anyone who doesnt beleave me should go along and have a look and make there own minds up.you people read to meny books when you were young or just want a pritty merle dog for which there is waiting lists unless you will take the cow hocked ones or the undershot ones that naturaly come with most litters bred from any dog,and maybe at that time he was breeding quality dogs but greed and perhaps old age has taken him over.theres 100s of good working collie crosses out there just bide your time and get one from working parents.NOT DOGS THAT HAVE BARELY EVER SEEN DAYLIGHT!!! its entirly up to you if you still want to buy one still though just tske no notice of anyone that says differnt. his a very clever and likeable ol man but he'sell you anything.:wallbash::censored::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

He constantly has pups for sale, he constantly has a advert in the CMW.....!! HE is banging out puppys every week, how can anyone who cares about dogs in general or working dogs...........Justify that behaviour....seriously

Its his buisness thats what he doe's he sells dog of a specific type if there wasn't a niche or demand for them he wouldn't be there so there's his justification right there. His kennels get inspected on a regular basis same as any comercial breeder. There's hundreds of ad's in the CMW every week not just from Hancock do they justify there reason's? There are other comercial breeders out there who sell Lurchers and they dont get the abuse that Hancock doe's time some folk got themselves some new material IMO. :thumbdown:

you ever been there??? i have ,a few times,how stupid are you???? its row upon row of pens in big barns full of ex track bitches and not just select bitches,just all he can get his hands on and all never see daylight agian,the only differences to mass produced pigs is when they pup they arnt in sow crates,they are bred on every season till a vet comes round every 6 months and says that one ,that one, to the insinerater at the end of the yard.same as a pig farm is run!! his early sires may have been from working collies but there meny years dead ITS A FU*KING PUPPY FARM YOU DIVS!!! dogs bred purely for MONEY the dogs are still £200 pounds no matter what,are you blind or just plain fu*cing thick?? they are no longer parvo jabed as they used to be dipite the add in the countrymans that says they are.anyone who says different either hasnt seen it with there own eyes or is fooling themselves cause they fu*ked up and bort a dog from one of the countrys biggest puppy FARMS,anyone who doesnt beleave me should go along and have a look and make there own minds up.you people read to meny books when you were young or just want a pritty merle dog for which there is waiting lists unless you will take the cow hocked ones or the undershot ones that naturaly come with most litters bred from any dog,and maybe at that time he was breeding quality dogs but greed and perhaps old age has taken him over.theres 100s of good working collie crosses out there just bide your time and get one from working parents.NOT DOGS THAT HAVE BARELY EVER SEEN DAYLIGHT!!! its entirly up to you if you still want to buy one still though just tske no notice of anyone that says differnt. his a very clever and likeable ol man but he'sell you anything.:wallbash::censored::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Yes I have been there on several occasions and if your so against it why the f**k did you go back. And yes he doe's mass produce dogs but thats what BUISNESS is all about supply and demand. And no matter what your view is the fact remains that if things were as bad as you claim they are why the f**k is he still in buiness?. If your so against the man and his practices go do something the f**k about it instead of twating on about how inhumane it is, get your self a wee protest group and picket his kennels. You appear to have some axe to grind with hancock or anyone who buys a dog from him...could it be you've had a bad experience? and as for calling anyone stupid learn to f*****g spell properly before criticising.

shall i bite the bullet then lads ive no luck finding a lurcher of here .shall i go to hancock or hang on abit i would consider other x but no bull up to 5/6 months old

hi i went to hanCOCK had problem with the training so gave him a bell for advice before i could finish what i had to say he said if it,s your money back your to late i thought he was an ok bloke but that changed my mind pronto if you want a dog go to a dog man not a farmer i wish you all the best

Perhaps that answers the whole Hancock thing? Alot of the people who buy from him can't actually train a dog? Not haveing a personal dig but I think

that is the case with alot of the failures. You admit that you were having trouble training the pup but why call the breeder? Now hancock is a twat and all hancock dogs are shite? If you had no training issues hancock would be great.

Sometimes people need to look closer to home me thinks :whistling:

i have trained a few gun dogs in my time with good results plus whippet crosses with results i was proud of i drove from inverness area to choose the bitch and two weeks time went back down to pick her up .this is the fist collie bred i have trained after all the time and money i spent i thought the man could shine some light on the matter for me after all i would do same for anyone yes it is all up to me to train the dog but all i asked for was some help i do not no it all but i do try best for the dog sorry if i have offended you or anyone else but i was very offended by hancocks after sale service

Its his buisness thats what he doe's he sells dog of a specific type if there wasn't a niche or demand for them he wouldn't be there so there's his justification right there. His kennels get inspected on a regular basis same as any comercial breeder. There's hundreds of ad's in the CMW every week not just from Hancock do they justify there reason's? There are other comercial breeders out there who sell Lurchers and they dont get the abuse that Hancock doe's time some folk got themselves some new material IMO. :thumbdown:

puppy farmer!!!!!!! most other people breed for themselves and to have there own line not for proffit :thumbdown: ,why you gota try justyfy a puppy farmer??? you must have one of his dogs?? :icon_redface::blink: :wallbash:his dogs have put people off the collie x as a good working lurcher,iv bred a line of my own,all from working dogs and iv restored faith in peoples opinion of collie xs after the only ones they'v ever seen are from a puppy farm from none working dogs.!!! Edited by ooty
Just how deep does this prejudice go? So you wouldn't buy a dog from Hancock, but would you buy a dog from a lurcher to lurcher mating that had a 'Hancock' in it's breeding?

no prejudice just disapointment in a man not dogs if that makes sense i am always up front and just expect the same back not a lot to ask.after all he was more than happy to take my money i hope you do not condone that practice :thumbdown:

i also find it hard to see where the best pups in a litter are worth the same money as the runts etc?? but all pups farm bred are £200 pound no haggeling even if you bort the whole lot,no litter is even id never sell a whole litter for the same price you get good and shit in all litters,i wouldnt buy a pup unless i had pritty much pick of the litter,thats why i breed my own,!!

i also find it hard to see where the best pups in a litter are worth the same money as the runts etc?? but all pups farm bred are £200 pound no haggeling even if you bort the whole lot,no litter is even id never sell a whole litter for the same price you get good and shit in all litters,i wouldnt buy a pup unless i had pritty much pick of the litter,thats why i breed my own,!!

I'll have to get a few tips off you next time i buy a pup, at six weeks old they all look the same to me.