Pigeons on sunday

decided to have another go on the pigeons,setting off was ok then drove straight into the rain.

about half a mile from the farm a pigeon comes low over a hedge and bang,straight into the path of the disco,BANG and feathers flying everywhere.

i thought well if i shoot none today i still got one on the way,then my mate says,that cost you a few bob mate its just smashed one of your spot lights on the light bar.......

after taping the light up we set off to the field,rain easing a little.

when we got to the field there was only a few birds flighting and landing but we decided to set up and see what happened.

after setting up the hide and putting out around 30 decoys we placed two bouncers about ten yards apart,then went to the hide and waited.

the rain was blowing from behind and we had a good shelter from the trees we had picked as a back drop.

after two hours and only seen the odd bird we decided to give it 30 minutes and move on.

after 10 minutes or so the sun broke through and birds started to come into the decoys,after a few snap shots and misses the birds started to come in good numbers and the shooting was steady.

another shower slowed the birds but as soon as it stopped we were in business again.

at the end of the session we picked up 63 woodies,2 ferrals and a crow from the decoys and another nine from the next field when they fell behind us.

all in all a good day (apart from a broken spot light).

post-20978-1218542136_thumb.jpg

Nice post and picts theres nothing cut here yet due to all this bloody rain

we are now around 3 weeks behind with the wheat,not a bad thing for me as we can still get them on the rape stubble for a little while.

other stubble has not been too good this year for some reason.

the other thing i have seen a rise in this year if the fox,they seen to be everywhere.

• 4 weeks later...