what vehicle

Richie, did you used to own a vitara? If so, what was it like, fuel/repairs etc? Jimny outside my budget.

Cheers

yeah, i use to own a vitara, the fatboy version.. parts were a little pricey to be honest, not that much went wrong with it, but the exhaust cost loads.... & mine was juicey on fuel..

i picked up my jimny for £2300 2 years back, its a v reg...

the vitara..

mirrie2.jpg

jimny.... once ive folded the back seats down i can get all the gear i need in the back...

sat5.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thinking of getting a 4x4 to get across my shoots easier ( getting on a bit now :whistling::whistling: ) i know this may have been asked before, but just wondered what type of vehicles all you other hunters use, pehaps i can get some ideas on what to get for myself :icon_eek: No serious off road work, just across fields and along farm tracks (quite rutted in the wet )

Cheers

i have a nissan tarrano 2.7 tdi swb its quite clean for its age its done 118000 miles not a patch on this engine will go on for ever set of alloy with allterains on it goes everywhere :gunsmilie:

nice smoth and confertable on the road goes well to im puting it on ebay this week if its any good to ya want about £800 ish for it few months tax and test left on it may put a years mot on if the doe is right :victory:

tarrano.jpg

tarrano1.jpg

tarrano10.jpg

tarrano11.jpg

thinking of getting a 4x4 to get across my shoots easier ( getting on a bit now :whistling::whistling: ) i know this may have been asked before, but just wondered what type of vehicles all you other hunters use, pehaps i can get some ideas on what to get for myself :icon_eek: No serious off road work, just across fields and along farm tracks (quite rutted in the wet )

Cheers

have a look here

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/658970.htm

Heres my shootin wagon a highly modified pug 205 it`s great 360 degrees shootin scaffold bar to rest your rifle all the way round lamp on roof with handle to control within car :gunsmilie::victory::thumbs: Built it myself and it will go nearly anywhere and if it gets stuck everyone just jumps off and pusses doesnt take much!!!

post-6691-1218572098.jpg

post-6691-1218572116.jpg

post-6691-1218572135.jpg

post-6691-1218572149.jpg

my current and first 4x4, yes its another vitara, cheap insurance/tax and cheap to run, about £40 for a full tank, gets around the orchards great, as others have said, its a bit small if your carrying more than 2 people, as no boot space, but as mine came with a tow bar fitted, I just bought a small trailer, for bigger jobs where more nets/ferrets are needed, and of course for getting the rabbits home

post-5267-1218576694_thumb.jpg