I still get mine for £3 a packet which ain't too bad, I can't go and get my own anymore though as I got caught a few years ago with 75 kilo of golden, samson and drum, customs wern't impressed and took my bloody car too :(

75kg? :icon_eek: Personal use sir? :whistling:

If your going to use a poly-tunnel for plants you might have to use supplemental lighting as your so far north,alternatively you could grow indoors,control the environment and get several crops or a rotational harvest over the year :victory:

I have a few grolux 750w lamps kicking about, so that no problem .. they are for veg honest ... have spoken to the wife and though she doesn't smoke says its a good idea growing tobacco, we can do our own herbal mix :rofl:

ive just added some rum to some of the tobacco ive got curing,i dont know if itll work but because it doesnt owe me anything i thought it would be a good experiment,i remember it used to work with amal nitrate :icon_eek: .

I have a few grolux 750w lamps kicking about, so that no problem .. they are for veg honest ... have spoken to the wife and though she doesn't smoke says its a good idea growing tobacco, we can do our own herbal mix :rofl:

Grolux are decent bulbs Gav,they have a broad spectrum of light,they are as good if not better than Son-T or sunmasters,your better off using 600's if your serious about a project,its always newbies who buy 400's or 1000's,and its always good to have an understanding wife :victory:

Poppers Jacob :icon_eek:

Well you have me convinced now, we are in the process of clearing some land for veg etc, also getting a 30'x 14' polytunnel up, so guess what I will be growing in the corner :D. I never even thought about growing tobacco till I saw this thread, cheers guys :good:

My wife worked on En Yahav Moshave for a year,studying agricultural methods Gav,some of the workers grew a few tobacco plants in the "Forcing" houses,you have the land,get a few poly-tunnels,get some forcing-curtains in and experiment :hmm:

Avoid those sort of parties Jacob :D

post-1930-1218734642.jpg

Edited by mackem
Well you have me convinced now, we are in the process of clearing some land for veg etc, also getting a 30'x 14' polytunnel up, so guess what I will be growing in the corner :D. I never even thought about growing tobacco till I saw this thread, cheers guys :good:

My wife worked on En Yahav Moshave for a year,studying agricultural methods Gav,some of the workers grew a few tobacco plants in the "Forcing" houses,you have the land,get a few poly-tunnels,get some forcing-curtains in and experiment :hmm:

Avoid those sort of parties Jacob :D

The poly tunnel we are looking at mate is £1500 and then we have to get it fitted, looks like we are getting a 18' x 32' as the steel work is a heavier gauge so can with stand the winds up here (we get 120mph and gust of 150mph+) That sort of pricing I think we will just get one and see how we go on.

Ordered the 600 variety seeds for a tenner yesterday, if I can just grow enough so I don't have to buy any I will be happy :D

You will recoup the money from your Poly-tunnel Gav,just give it time,my wife was telling me the ones she worked in had huge air-circulation/exchange fans and water-curtains to try and keep the temps down.Are you intending to cure your leaf or just speed-dry it?

ive just added some rum to some of the tobacco ive got curing,i dont know if itll work but because it doesnt owe me anything i thought it would be a good experiment,i remember it used to work with amal nitrate:icon_eek: .

My heads fecking pounding just remembering the stuff! :wallbash: Used to be a laugh in the bedroom, just yourself, a ladyfriend and a bottle of 'Liquid Gold' though..... :whistling: