Ok, so im earning £370 a week....

Yes its a nice sum of money, but im still un-able to afford a mortgage.

I had an appointment last week and i was told if i borrow £80,000 on a mortgage, over 30 years my monthly repayments are £530.and it works out im paying back £190,000+ :icon_eek:

needless to say i told them to stick it.

How the feck does everyone else afford it?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

in the same boat mate but i have bit the bullet and its a right pain an the ass but what can you do apart from a win on the lotto yer stuck with it. if you can get the land look into log cabins fraction of the price .but i dont no if the mortgage company will lend the cash for one.am seriously considering one my self.no roof tax i am led to believe

Edited by chester
Guest proudy

Big mistake getting a mortgage now. Wait a couple of yrs, renting is the new buying anyway. What happens 2 the house when we die? We leave it 2 the kids :thumbdown: Save the extra money u'd be paying in mortgage payments & put it in a trust fund for them instead. Or just wrap in ur job, breed enough kids for ur own football team then the government will knock 2 houses into 1 for ur family & u'll get a benefit book as thick as the yellow pages :thumbs:

Big mistake getting a mortgage now. Wait a couple of yrs, renting is the new buying anyway. What happens 2 the house when we die? We leave it 2 the kids :thumbdown: Save the extra money u'd be paying in mortgage payments & put it in a trust fund for them instead. Or just wrap in ur job, breed enough kids for ur own football team then the government will knock 2 houses into 1 for ur family & u'll get a benefit book as thick as the yellow pages :thumbs:

Well round here you cant rent a 2 bed shoe box for less than £350 a month & they dont always like you having dogs either , my morgage is small as its 20 yrs old , but i wouldnt buy again if i had my time over again

Guest mudhole
in the same boat mate but i have bit the bullet and its a right pain an the ass but what can you do apart from a win on the lotto yer stuck with it. if you can get the land look into log cabins fraction of the price .but i dont no if the mortgage company will lend the cash for one.am seriously considering one my self.no roof tax i am led to believe

do you have any links / info on the log cabin idea ?

I dont know what all the fuss is about !!

The answer is simple:

Dont go out drinking......... Ever :wallbash:

Dont have any type of sociallife :

Buy food thats just about to go of its sell buy date or live on beans on toast :bad:

You cant beat re using bog roll :unsure:

Sell your guns, dogs ferrets etc :(

Swap that BMW for a old pushbike.

Finally. by this time you will probably be depressed, ill, a smack head, unable to work, considering suicide and not give a Fu*k where you live, so you can go get your free council house,your free disability car, your free benefits, and all the rest of it.

Or you could just ask that pole thats been given that large 4 bedroom detatched house opposite if you can rent a roomof him ! :thumbdown:

thats how i live and i still dont have a pot to piss in :toast: still i am healthy & happy so who cares :laugh:

do you have any links / info on the log cabin idea ?

just done a quick search just to show the idea type in Swedish log or Finnish log and hay presto.sorry to hijack the thread a bit but who else would be interested in the same idea? Edited by chester

I looked into it a few years ago,you still need planning permission etc where it would have to fit in with its surroundings,but if you can find the right plot your laughing,ive been in one and there as snug as any house,i'd still love to own one but prob always be just a dream

What they like for heating they would need to be well insulated .same with them mobile home caravans folk keep a gas fire buring all the time theres loads of differnt options now beside us there overing 60/40% partnership with the council the only thing there is you will never own it

I looked into it a few years ago,you still need planning permission etc where it would have to fit in with its surroundings,but if you can find the right plot your laughing,ive been in one and there as snug as any house,i'd still love to own one but prob always be just a dream
i was led to believe it was not classed as a permanent dwelling so no planning permission was required as for fitting in with saroundings put it next to a wood :thumbs: thats that sorted.