i think i have a fox prowling the garden...........

i keep 6 hens, touch wood so far i have managed to keep them safe, i live in a small village and know that there are plenty foxes about, 2 nights ago i went down to the chicken run at 10pm ish and there was a pretty musty smell, last night i let the dog out at same time about 10pm ish and she went mental, nose right up scenting all around the garden and along the one hedge line, barking and hackles up...............

must be a fox ?

anyone know a decent deterrant ?

i have air rifles which i wouldn't dream of using and the garden isn't suitable for a shotgun and do not have a FAC

i thought the presence of a dog might have done the trick, and i have also p****d around the chicken run nut that hasn't worked either it would seem

If you cannot shoot it and cannot snare it then live trapping is your only option. The only other quick "fix" I have heard off is Lion Shit, you can buy it on the internet or get it from you local zoo or safari park.

You could also have a word with your friendly neighbourhood keeper. Trade him some chicken and eggs.

If you make sure that your chicken run is sturdy enough, then it wont matter how many times Charlie visits your garden, otherwise a trap & a mates .410 should suffice. :thumbs:

just thought smaring is not really a option, we have a cat, my wife would literally kill me if i snared our moggy and i am sure she uses that run,

live trap it maybe then

i was hoping a quick fix deterant would have done the trick

Have to agree with you on this one fella, My other half would kill me if I snared her pussy.

just thought smaring is not really a option, we have a cat, my wife would literally kill me if i snared our moggy and i am sure she uses that run,

live trap it maybe then

i was hoping a quick fix deterant would have done the trick

Have to agree with you on this one fella, My other half would kill me if I snared her pussy.

:icon_eek: Sounds painful, don't it? :shok: