panting ferret

i know its hot baking hot weather but its been this hot before and my other ferrets haven't panted like dogs do when there hot, do ferret kits pant when there hot?

one or two of my kits are panting they seem to be happy though, and there cage is in the shadiest place in the garden.

is this normal?

any advice will be helpfull

Panting is a sign of heat stroke remove ferrets cool down with water & make then drink place i n a carry box with water untill they recover, ensure you cool them there brains are cooking

i know its hot baking hot weather but its been this hot before and my other ferrets haven't panted like dogs do when there hot, do ferret kits pant when there hot?

one or two of my kits are panting they seem to be happy though, and there cage is in the shadiest place in the garden.

is this normal?

any advice will be helpfull

I put a wet towel in with them and they love to lay on it

Freeze plastic coke/water bottles full of water then put them in the court: they'll lie next to them to cool down if they get too hot. Keep a ready supply in the freezer to replace when the water melts/gets warm.

Freeze plastic coke/water bottles full of water then put them in the court: they'll lie next to them to cool down if they get too hot. Keep a ready supply in the freezer to replace when the water melts/gets warm.

Same for me