hi ive just bought a first cross beddy grey hound the other week he 10 months old he is a good obedient dog but heres me problem he jumps a solid ogject as high as you want but he wont go any were near a mesh fence or gate ive tried every thing i can think of my other dog jumps every type of object . ive had him from a pup any advice welcome

i would just start him on small wire fences maybe two foot high and build the pups confidence .....dont rush it there plenty of time ......most dogs will jump solid odjects first because they can put there feet on top ..where as fences and gates ect ..theres no width for them to put there feet on ....so i would start from scatch it might look a it daft using a bit of wire but it should work .....jumping is very important to me in a running dog and if i had the same problem i would work on it every day ......good luck .... :victory:

Try placing your jacket over the top of the fence mesh so it resembles more of a solid structure and hopefully the dog will jump this. After a few jumps take your jacket away and encourage the dog to jump the mesh. This worked a treat for a friends lurcher. ATB

i would just start him on small wire fences maybe two foot high and build the pups confidence .....dont rush it there plenty of time ......most dogs will jump solid odjects first because they can put there feet on top ..where as fences and gates ect ..theres no width for them to put there feet on ....so i would start from scatch it might look a it daft using a bit of wire but it should work .....jumping is very important to me in a running dog and if i had the same problem i would work on it every day ......good luck .... :victory:

This is good advice one thing I would add if the pup likes chasing balls, dummy etc whip him into a wee frenzy by tormenting him with them then throw the object over the fence and hopefully he will follow. Or alternatively if you have a jumping dog handy get your pup to follow him....good luck!

Try placing your jacket over the top of the fence mesh so it resembles more of a solid structure and hopefully the dog will jump this. After a few jumps take your jacket away and encourage the dog to jump the mesh. This worked a treat for a friends lurcher. ATB

yeah similar to this, but you could go one further than just a jacket - put an old black bed sheet or blanket, something big enough to hide all the bars of the gate, get him jumping that, then gradually move the blanket down one bar until it's gone for good and he's vaulting over.