Ferret show & racing

tell me mate what do the ferrets chase how do you race them just interested

The ferrets don't chase anything, they run through pipes, first one out is the winner.

I do ferret racing on a fairly regular basis as a fund raiser for my rescue work.

we had a race like that once in a danish ferret show. I think nobody won as none of the ferrets would come out of the pipes when they had gone in, a little to funny with the owners calling and calling and in the end had to drag the ferrets out :laugh:

I hope your ferrets will get the idea a little better!

sry for off topic.

Edited by Flying Ferrets
tell me mate what do the ferrets chase how do you race them just interested

The ferrets don't chase anything, they run through pipes, first one out is the winner.

I do ferret racing on a fairly regular basis as a fund raiser for my rescue work.

I had a bet on the ferret racing at scone game show.(Well the bookies were no where near)Lost a fiver :wallbash: lol

Its for a good cause though...

id like to race my hob hes quick

Racing can be lots of fun.. but it would be more fun i think if they could rig it up to chase a rabbit or dummy rabbit through.. much more entertaining i think...lol gonna have to put my thinkin cap on maybe!

Racing can be lots of fun.. but it would be more fun i think if they could rig it up to chase a rabbit or dummy rabbit through.. much more entertaining i think...lol gonna have to put my thinkin cap on maybe!

I have a water obstacle included in my racing setup - it really adds more fun and keeps the audience entertained with some the antics the ferrets get up to when they reach the water - it's only about 1/2" deep...

I have a water obstacle included in my racing setup - it really adds more fun and keeps the audience entertained with some the antics the ferrets get up to when they reach the water - it's only about 1/2" deep...

Starescue have a great racing setup with like 3-4 obstacles per run... a see saw, water thing, bridge etc...

The ferret racings a laugh but why have ferret shows in the SUMMER when the JILLS have KITTS and the HOBS have DROPPED there NUTS and SMELL ????

well perhaps its either something to do when not hunting.. or its a pet ferret thing.. and they're mostly neutered so no kits and no smelly hobs...

i happen to agree though... if you want to see a ferret in best shape.. they should be in the winter! lovely lush coats and happy bunnies... errr.. ferrets i mean...

would be better to have real competitions with ferrets.. ie.. everyone take a bit of hedge and the guy that comes back with the most bunnies wins! lol