what I did today

Looks pretty good to me: plus I really like the idea of the hatch in the wire: presumably to just grab one ferret without the whole lot pouring out the door? We've got a board across our court doorway, but its 2 1/2 foot high and a pain to climb over sometimes when your'e in a hurry LOL

Looks pretty good to me: plus I really like the idea of the hatch in the wire: presumably to just grab one ferret without the whole lot pouring out the door? We've got a board across our court doorway, but its 2 1/2 foot high and a pain to climb over sometimes when your'e in a hurry LOL

exactly right mate, only put it in a few days before looking after richies lot, before then you had to be bloody quick, lure them all inside with ferret paste, then run round, open the large door and climb in, and stick a kids rubber ball into the connecting pipe to stop them rushing out, although they soon cottoned on how to pull the ball out of the pipe, with the small hatch it is easy to place food in the outside court without fear of trapping feet/ferrets in the door

at the moment theres a piece of ply screwed over the connecting pipe keeping them in the inside court, before its open up again, Im going to build/fit something simular to a serving hatch, at the end of the entrance pipe, with an arm that can open or close it from outside

exactly right mate, only put it in a few days before looking after richies lot, before then you had to be bloody quick, lure them all inside with ferret paste, then run round, open the large door and climb in, and stick a kids rubber ball into the connecting pipe to stop them rushing out, although they soon cottoned on how to pull the ball out of the pipe, with the small hatch it is easy to place food in the outside court without fear of trapping feet/ferrets in the door

at the moment theres a piece of ply screwed over the connecting pipe keeping them in the inside court, before its open up again, Im going to build/fit something simular to a serving hatch, at the end of the entrance pipe, with an arm that can open or close it from outside

Sorry to say, I've just pinched the idea about having a small hatch! :laugh: I saw this comment earlier, and thought about it. I'm going to be left with 5 ferrets, the only one I have to worry about coming out when I open the door at the moment, is the adult jill. I thought about trying to get one out when I've got 5 adult ferrets steaming at the door every time I want one.

post-8371-1216055452.jpg

So anyway, cheers for the idea! :laugh::thumbs:

good to see someone else using the idea, another thing you could do maltenby, would be to fix some clear perspex directly under your large door, inside,and maybe 6" to the opening side, stopping them from wire climbing when you use the big door for cleaning etc