problem with oxmain spring in cometa300s

I have got a cometa300s .22 i had a friend put an oxmain spring in it for me but after a while the spring sleve got a little ware and tear on it of the power of the new spring. i took it into the local gun shop and got a new sleve put in. after 1 week of being back out shooting the spring snapped and i was wondering if this is a common problem or it was the gun dealer's fault not installing it propper as the spring was quite new just wondering if any 1 had any idea thanks LIAM :thumbs:

My dad had an ox spring put into his HW35e years ago. It broke all the linkages in the cocking mechanism and ended up costing him more in repairs than he paid for the rifle (second hand) in the first place. :thumbdown:

I'll be bold here and say (again) that Ox Springs are shit.

As for replacement springs what would others recommend, as an alternative, for that particular rifle?

:thumbs: couldn't agree more!!

i'm sure a standard spring would be adequate..........not sure if theres any thing else to replace a standard spring...............perfect senario.....a theoben gas ram.

might be an idea to pm donnyc and ask him if there available.

all the best

sean

Guest buster321c
I'll be bold here and say (again) that Ox Springs are shit.

As for replacement springs what would others recommend, as an alternative, for that particular rifle?

I heard a bloke at my local field sports shop, telling a guy who had enquired about an `ox spring ` , That it`s like `putting a square peg in a round hole when you use them bloody things ` Enough said on that i think the guys will all agree with chris that they aint up to much :thumbdown:

thanks guys much appreciated. so what would you recomend for my cometa as my local gun shop only have ox. and to be onestly be truthfull with you maltenby i paid £165 for the gun and it has cost me £250 up two now and i aint had the 3rd spring in it yet. what gun would you recomend for a price of about £250 that region give or take. thanks guys liam.

Guest buster321c

You can get a brand new bsa ultra with scope ( and think bag aswell ) a mate of mine just got one from Youngmans for £259 , with 2 year garantee :thumbs: , But look rond and you migh find a better second hand deal , try bbs :thumbs:

thanks for that buster but that means that i have to go to my uncles every time i go out for a shoot. realy need break barrel suits me a little bit better. i could do with asking around realy but im impatients takes over lol but i would like if any one new any deals to just let me no thanks LIAM :signthankspin:

have a look for a bsa lightning's, hw77's or similar..............cracking little springers!!

have a look on airgunbbs......theres plenty of decent , reasonably priced springers on there!!

cheers

and good luck

sean

hey iv had ox springs in a few guns but id never go back as there nothing but trouble .

iv got a bsa spitfire if your intrested it's a break barrel but it's precharged .allso comes with a buddy bottle .

so you can fi your rifle up and have a bottle with you just in case you run out so you get 70 shots insted of 35.

good look with your seach for anew spring.m