Sneezing?

One of my hob kits is suffering what appears to be occasional sneezing fits. He's fine in all other respects, lively, alert, etc. He's the only one doing it. He's around 7 weeks old, putting on weight/size the same as the others, & he's feeding & drinking water.

Any ideas what it could be? I'm not overly worried yet, as he seems fine otherwise.

It could just be dust irritating his nose if you use shavings it may be that if he has shoved his head through the shavings like mine do here :laugh:

Could be that Kay, they go nuts rooting through the clean shavings when I put them in! :laugh:

If it's only the odd sneeze dont worry about it as when they runn through the shavings it might cause it ,if it more than that you need to get it checked out as i always worry about cat flu

It could just be dust irritating his nose if you use shavings it may be that if he has shoved his head through the shavings like mine do here :laugh:

Could be that Kay, they go nuts rooting through the clean shavings when I put them in! :laugh:

mine do that lol then start running about like mad

Guest ferret
One of my hob kits is suffering what appears to be occasional sneezing fits. He's fine in all other respects, lively, alert, etc. He's the only one doing it. He's around 7 weeks old, putting on weight/size the same as the others, & he's feeding & drinking water.

Any ideas what it could be? I'm not overly worried yet, as he seems fine otherwise.

make sure its the white shavings off soft wood and not hardwood shavings you put down for them,because with hardwood the brown dust enters the lungs area of the animals it is very bad for the ferret,and will lead to breathing difficulties.all the best he sounds ok though

Good quaility shaving should have the dust extracted ,that will help but if your getting shaving from a local joiner shop etc you never know what craps in there