Lightforce lamps

Ive been using lightforce 170 and a blitz. I use the L/F the most but does anyone know of a lamp that shines as far but is made better and where to get it.I dont lamp in the summer but id like to look before winter because i get sick of fixing the wiring and soldering the lightforce and blitz.

you wont find a better lamp then the lightforce but like you said its a pain having to fix the wiring all the time, i have tried the new nite stalker there very similar to the lightforce, maybe abit stronger but not as good a beam on them, they seem to spread the light too much

you wont find a better lamp then the lightforce but like you said its a pain having to fix the wiring all the time, i have tried the new nite stalker there very similar to the lightforce, maybe abit stronger but not as good a beam on them, they seem to spread the light too much
Youre right they are a good lamp but poorly put together.For what they cost they ought to be made better.

You could try something from Clulight. Out of the lads I go out with, one of them has a lightforce, and another's got a lazerlight. I much prefer the lazerlight, it seems better made, don't throw as much light back at you, seems to have a better beam & uses jack plugs, so it never becomes disconnected in the field.

Have a look at them & see what you think: Lazerlight/Blazerlight

You could try something from Clulight. Out of the lads I go out with, one of them has a lightforce, and another's got a lazerlight. I much prefer the lazerlight, it seems better made, don't throw as much light back at you, seems to have a better beam & uses jack plugs, so it never becomes disconnected in the field. Have a look at them & see what you think: Lazerlight/Blazerlight
i agree the clulite seems a better lamp tougher and made better than the lightforce and the beam is more piercing
Guest smashygadge
I,ve had a blitz for about 5 or 6 years and it has performed faultlessly, is it only recent lamps that the wiring is sub standard on?

i had my lightforce 6 month cable at handle snaped inside twice but ive now replaced it with a softer wire of an old cluelite the lightforce wire seems stiff and brittle not soft and rubbery like older wire but wouldnt no regards changing standards :thumbs:

Guest smashygadge
Awryty all

I was at scone palace today and bought a nightstalker for £50 and got the guy to through in a brand new battery for £55 and a connector so im well pleased just wait for the cold winter nights to give a real try out

Thanks Jason :victory:

well you cant knock the price on that jason well done is that new or second hand? :thumbs:

I would never purchase a lightforce lamp ever again had two, both let me down with the wiring and both let water and condensation in the dome, for the money they are very poorly made and designed, i now use Brinkmann Max Million Lamps, they are properly made, have a better beam on them and they are very robust, also they are cheaper, the only thing is you can,t purchase them in this country, i purchased mine through ebay us, even with purchasing and import taxes they still work out around the fifty pound mark, i also use the optronics blue eye 400,000, and the optronics nightblaster 400,000, and 1 million candle power range, all good well made lamps, that are reliable and reasonably cheap to buy. regards collie john.

Edited by colliejohn
Guest ripstop

Collie john ive been told that them Brinkmans are the ones if you can get them and pretty cheap if youre over there. Ive never had a problem with the lightforce striker, but have seen a few f**k well up on some good quarry, also seen a thread that if you put a blitz bulb in a striker then its a much better lamp, ive got one of them old clumans under the stairs but no lens, and thatll cost a bit along with the on off swith, Yes you can always rely on good old DEBEN to save the day. :whistling: .

If i was a sparky i would get making a decent wiring system and patent it :victory: .

I bought my lightforce from a car boot for a fiver, plug was f*cked. changed that for a 3 pin lawn mower type plug and socket no problems. Fit a 50w/75w xenon bulb will give all the light you need. Made my cluson shootalite look like a candle.

I use lightforce striker million cp lamp, have done for six or seven years. The wiring and connections have f****d up so many times ive lost count! Im sure they make them like that so people keep re-ordering parts and new lamps off them!

Mine has f****d up that many times now that I have totally cowboy'd it now and it no longer gives me jip! A few foxes etc.. owe their lives to their shoddy workmanship!