5 WEEK OLD KITS AND WATER

Guest smashygadge
i have 5 week old kits and they dont seem to want to drink, will they drink when they need to?? i feed them turkey mince which contains fluid so im not to worried but as you can tell i am no expert. so any advise would be apreitated.

thanks

i no turkey can be a bit dry even for us humans .can you not get a regular supply of rabbit as they tend to hold plenty off fluids for kits and the adult also :thumbs: and will they still have a little feed of the jill .good luck

i have 5 week old kits and they dont seem to want to drink, will they drink when they need to?? i feed them turkey mince which contains fluid so im not to worried but as you can tell i am no expert. so any advise would be apreitated.

thanks

i no turkey can be a bit dry even for us humans .can you not get a regular supply of rabbit as they tend to hold plenty off fluids for kits and the adult also :thumbs: and will they still have a little feed of the jill .good luck

try pouring a little water around the mince as they are eating.. you'll be able to tell if they are thirsty ... if so..try adding a bowl of water to the cage.. easy as that

You could try a wee bowl of water and gently dip there jaws into it to see if they want a drink . But gentle pinch the fur and let go if it goes back quickly there not dehydrated so dont worry

Feed them biscuits for a day and I bet you'll see them at the bottle. Don't worry about it mate they soon learn, i've seen wild baby rabbits learn to use a bottle without a parent to show them.

get your self some laxtose intolarant milk, and dilout the water only just a dash and they will think they are drinking milk. i do this in summer so ferrets keep up their fluid levels. :)

Edited by victor