whats the best cross then in your experience or opinion?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in your opinion or experience what is the best cross to catch hare and fox but not shy of a rabbit either (in the past obviously)

one that you can use for every kind of hunting collie bull greyhound you wont go far wrong mate

what do you wont it for lamping or day time work

in your opinion or experience what is the best cross to catch hare and fox but not shy of a rabbit either (in the past obviously)

Well ive had lurchers 25years+, ive had bullxs, colliexs, whippet[none ped] and bitza lurcher.

In all xs you can get shit, so if bred well. A 2x collie grey, or a 2x bull grey[ not to heavy]

will catch rabbits,fox,hare, these xs will catch the odd hare's, but they are not hare dogs.

My best lurcher was the bitza, she was colliexwhippetxgreyxgreyx?. She was 25 ins and 55lb,

she was a great catch dog, good stamina, and tackle anything :victory: She lived till she was

14 years old, a really top dog. :victory: With all lurchers, you got to have that bit of luck,

and drop on a good'un, one with big heart :victory:

BIRD

Wel I think every there is good and bad in every cross But... I Like Wheaton crosses for there gameness and ive never really saw a bad 1 lol :victory:

1/2 Grey 1/2 Wheaton :thumbs:

Edited by Get_On
  • 7 months later...