MY FIRST ROE BUCK

Hi guys i just thought i would put a little post about my first roe buck on so some of you could see it!!

I went on a trip to Scotland near Stranrar with a friend my first outing! we travelled up and stayed over friday night to go stalking on the sat night, i got myself all sorted and we set out about a 20 min drive to where we were going,we pulled up about 8pm just as the day was starting to become that nice evening sky,we walked for about 30mins and crossed a few fields and my stalking partner said to me this will be a good spot we creped along the side of a stone built wall looking into a revine full of bright yellow gauze bushes and didnt see anything, my palms were sweaty and i was getting excited(although i had promised my self i wouldnt so i wouldnt be dissapointed if we didnt see anything) we clambered over the wall into the revine and down the bank we stuck with the wall line for better cover and back up the other side behind a huge gauze bush as we got to the end my stalking partner said deer!!!! :icon_eek: i was loving it, there was a little problem though i couldnt take a shot from where we were so we had to clamber back down the bank and through the revine around the other side so we could get a good clan shot at it so we did, through the gauze bushes and revine we went and came back around behind it (the funny thing was as we were going round it could have moved anywhere right into our path who knows) half way up the bank i had to slow a little buck fever was setting in my heart was pumping my breathing heavy and arenaline rushing my stalking partner went a few meters ahead and came back he said i can see it its feeding and about 90 yards away! :icon_eek: , i clambered u onto the bank top and slowly peeked my head around the gauze bush there he was grazing with his head down i slowly unclipped the bi pod and rested the rifle perfectly i adjusted my scope settings and my position ready to take the shot i waited for maybe 10 mins for the buck to adjust its position to me as i was looking for a perfect shot, i loaded the rifle as i waited and sure enough he did a perfect side on view i looked through the scope and chose my shot point, he lifted his head and was then dropping it again slowly i appreciated it for a few seconds and then pulled the trigger BANG i hit it a wonderfull shot straight through heart and lungs as clean as i could have ever wanted it the deer almost summersaulted ran around in a circle bolted maybe 10yds and dropped i was sooooo pleased it was amazing, we left it for a whilst and then went down to see him grolloch him and take him home with us well the deer larder lol, :gunsmilie: the first stalk and the first buck i was as pleased as punch! to say the least we got him all grolloched and done just as sun was starting to dip slightly you can tell on the pic, as anyone would i had the antlers/ head prepared and mounted it was the most aazing time and ill remember it for the rest of my hunting life!!!

so here he is all grolloched and ready to take back with us!

post-19689-1214644551.jpg :gunsmilie:

Good on you sir

Hope you will be putting the carcass into a fly net and hang at least a couple of days to let the adrenaline out of the muscle tissue - they taste so much better with a little hanging especially a young buck such as yours.

Peter

Good on you sir

Hope you will be putting the carcass into a fly net and hang at least a couple of days to let the adrenaline out of the muscle tissue - they taste so much better with a little hanging especially a young buck such as yours.

Peter

yes i have peter its a lovely size not too big not too small and really quite tender im thinking its a beautiful beast i cant wait mmmmmmmmm

• 2 months later...