I'd have thought they'd be fine, as long as no poison has been involved.

Make sure you despatch them first, (if captured live) otherwise you'll be guilty of an offence under one of the animal cruelty acts.

The best way to do it quickly, is to swing them by the tail and hit it's head on the top of a wall.

I had a mate who kept reptiles, and his method was to hit them on the head with the handle of a big screwdriver.

Bones are nothing to worry about, they along with the fur & the vegetable matter in the stomach, are good for the ferret. Whole, prey items are probably the best nutritional feed that you could give. :thumbs:

My grandad has discovered a HUGE mice infestation under his shed, and has already trapped a few. Wondered if they are Ok for ferrets to eat because there are loads of them!

Obviously im not gonna feed them posioned ones, Its the spring powered conventional traps being used.

It's most probably what they would eat in the wild, how do you know there not poisoned because mice usually take the posion back to the nest?

My grandad has discovered a HUGE mice infestation under his shed, and has already trapped a few. Wondered if they are Ok for ferrets to eat because there are loads of them!

Obviously im not gonna feed them posioned ones, Its the spring powered conventional traps being used.

It's most probably what they would eat in the wild, how do you know there not poisoned because mice usually take the posion back to the nest?

i know they arn't poisoned because no poison has been used. sorry if that was a bit unclear ;)

i know they arn't poisoned because no poison has been used. sorry if that was a bit unclear ;)

I think what he means is how you know the neighbours aren’t using poisons as not all poisons act straight away and the carry some back to the nest

Just a thought.........although the mice may not have been poisoned on YOUR property........they do forage over a wide area in search of food.........so may well have contacted poison elsewhere. ;)

But mice would be no problem at all to feed to the ferrets..........years ago i used to feed rats to mine with no ill effect.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

'They might choke on the little bones' :wallbash: For F*ck Sake!!! What in hell is the " Ferreting " world coming to?!

BB; They're House Mice, I take it? Little gray / brown f*ckers? Ok. Trap like a man posessed and sling as many as ye can get to ye weasles. No problemmo.

House mice have pretty small home ranges and a garden can hold plenty, especially when a shed's involved. That'll be a localised colony and as they're breeding so well they obviously have all their creature comforts available to them right there. They'll thus feel no need to venture out looking for bait - and becoming owl food.

Anyway, poison bait, by it's nature, kills things. If they Were slipping away into uncharted territory and eating bait else where, they'd be dying. Not breeding themselves to a stand still under that shed.

What in gods name is he keeping - badly - in there to feed them so much anyway? :hmm: Doesn't keep Canaries, does he?

'They might choke on the little bones' :wallbash: For F*ck Sake!!! What in hell is the " Ferreting " world coming to?!

BB; They're House Mice, I take it? Little gray / brown f*ckers? Ok. Trap like a man posessed and sling as many as ye can get to ye weasles. No problemmo.

House mice have pretty small home ranges and a garden can hold plenty, especially when a shed's involved. That'll be a localised colony and as they're breeding so well they obviously have all their creature comforts available to them right there. They'll thus feel no need to venture out looking for bait - and becoming owl food.

Anyway, poison bait, by it's nature, kills things. If they Were slipping away into uncharted territory and eating bait else where, they'd be dying. Not breeding themselves to a stand still under that shed.

What in gods name is he keeping - badly - in there to feed them so much anyway? :hmm: Doesn't keep Canaries, does he?

i was only suggesting no need to bite my head off btw can i have it back?