i had a phone call from some allotment members about a fox problem they have been having and was given a job of making a live catch fox cage the panels were 7 feet long x 2 feet six ins highanyway i finished the trap and the lads have had their first fox this morning here are a few pictures of the cage before it went away

DSCF0217.jpg

the fox is well into the cage and once it takes the bait the door closes quickly and a bar locks the door and a foot plate of mesh attached to the base of the doorfolds down and also helps keep the fox from pushing at the door as his weight is on the mesh as well ,the floor of this trap needs to be bedded into the soil and will be kept in a permanent site

big is better some times :good:

DSCF0218.jpg

DSCF0219.jpg

DSCF0222.jpg

DSCF0220.jpg

Guest rexdigger
i had a phone call from some allotment members about a fox problem they have been having and was given a job of making a live catch fox cage the panels were 7 feet long x 2 feet six ins highanyway i finished the trap and the lads have had their first fox this morning here are a few pictures of the cage before it went away

DSCF0217.jpg

the fox is well into the cage and once it takes the bait the door closes quickly and a bar locks the door and a foot plate of mesh attached to the base of the doorfolds down and also helps keep the fox from pushing at the door as his weight is on the mesh as well ,the floor of this trap needs to be bedded into the soil and will be kept in a permanent site

big is better some times :good:

DSCF0218.jpg

DSCF0219.jpg

DSCF0222.jpg

DSCF0220.jpg

funny lookin fox lol
That is a well put together fox trap, Nice one woodga

Top job, obviously did the biz! Would you know where I can get mesh that thick but in 1" square size holes please? Ta in advance, cheers, D.

Top job, obviously did the biz! Would you know where I can get mesh that thick but in 1" square size holes please? Ta in advance, cheers, D.

Your local wireworkers should sort you out. For that size mesh, unplated, 8' x 4' you will be looking at about £20 a sheet.

Your local wireworkers should sort you out. For that size mesh, unplated, 8' x 4' you will be looking at about £20 a sheet.

Thanks mate, am in Cornwall so NOBODY local! Cheers, D.

PS Onlne for stuff a lot of the time.

• 3 months later...

that makes my 8x4 sheets of galvenised 2"x2" at £10 a sheet sound the best offer yet :yes: